1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

04 A6 avant final edition 130 sport -1st post hi guys!

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by Ben jah min, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Ben jah min

Ben jah min Member

Hi guys, I've bookmarked this forum for a while but never signed up - so hi noob 1st post :)

Ive just bought a c5 final edition, mainly for my wife but i'll also use it through the winter. I've had a few dubs and used to have a black b5 tdi avant but that got crashed into at a junction and written off which was upsetting as id retrofitted lots of OE stuff to it and 'rare' bits but unfortunately I've had to break it.

However, I do like the new wagon but miss a couple of the touches id fitted on the b5 like the black liner and pillars, does the A6 avant have a similar option? Id also like to put the twin outlets on the lower valance but I'm struggling to find much info about it.

I've seen quite a few things id like to do but its a gradual process, i want to lower it but i doubt I'm going to run coils as its the family wagon and I've already got a VR as a toy so i think I'm just going to run some springs, are eibach favoured on here or do people advise other brands?

The wheels supplied weren't the factory ones so I've swapped them with some A8 'flat five' 17x8 wheels, like a mirror polished tt comp, there far from a show wheel but i did get them for a steal.

I've not got any pics so far, but ill pop some up once I've given it a deep clean as I've not even clayed it yet!

Its also got the RNS-e nag system which i don't have a clue about, but thats a whole other thread!

Cheers!

mrnice likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dirty_stancing_ben

welcome aboard!

get some pictures up as soon as you can! :)

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi Avant Owner Group Audi A6

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing the car and what you do with it!

5. Ben jah min

Ben jah min Member

Cheers guys!

Its been a bit of a rollercoaster ride the last couple of months - everything was going great with it until a couple of weeks back the heater unit spat out its dummy and filled the cab with acrid smoke :ermm:

Not really having a spare minute to have a look I've had to just put up with having no heating, which i might add is thoroughly miserable. My initial thought was it was the fan that had packed in due to the smell of smoke in the cabin, but last weekend i pulled the fan and inspected it and its fine. Ive check the HVAC fuses (30A) both are ok, the illumination on the heater unit still works when the lights are on but the displays are all dead ( temp and fan speed) theres also 0 volts to the fan so I'm assuming the control unit is goosed. At the same time all this happened it spat out a lot of other faults on the dash (oil sensor, in orange, outside temp reading -37'c and also the traction control light has remained on) but I'm assuming this is linked with a short / fault on the heater unit as the car drives fine and the oil level is ok too. My main priority is sorting the heater out as my wife is due any day to give birth and obviously can't take the baby anywhere in an ice box car.

Its a dual zone, double DIN non heated seat type unit if anyone knows of one being broken or for sale. Also if theres a removal guide anywhere id be massively grateful.

Heres a pic when it was all rosy after its first snowfoam / deep clean. Before I've had chance to clay it….

[​IMG]

6. wesmaster

wesmaster Member

IMG_1571[1].jpg I have a Climate control for sale, without heated seats. works fine, interested £25 posted.
    Not sure if thats all your problems though.

7. Ben jah min

Ben jah min Member

Id forgotten about this thread!

Ive now sorted the HVAC issue but thanks anyway wes, it ended up being a short to +ve from the fan resistor causing an array of other issues due to the short. since fixed. Ive been enjoying the car just plodding with it doing little bits.

The car was a rep mobile prior to me owning it so has never really had any proper love, Ive slowly been putting some touches on it, but want to get the basics right before i do any proper mods.

Last weekend i clayed the glass as it was grimy and then got a black grille kit from ebay. The paintwork is starting to come glossy too, i can't wait to get some product on it!!

Heres how it currently looks in the rearview mirror….

[​IMG]

8. Ben jah min

Ben jah min Member

todays plans include having a look at the dension iPod connect to try and get some joy with the RNS and a wash!

9. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator

Looks nice, black grille kit? Audi's do have good paint I think, in my experience at least.

How did you get on with the RNS? Mine went in today too.

10. Ben jah min

Ben jah min Member

67288c7aac6411e389d8127e7a47097e_8.jpg

Todays little tickle on the rear hatch. Cleaned up the tailgate and added the other black badge to match the grille. Badges came off easily with a credit card and a hairdryer, the gluey residue came off with ease with a good few squirts of WD40 and some elbow grease believe it or not.

@quattrojames, I binned off loads of excessive cables and tidied up the looms behind the box as they were rough as hell. Also figured out the iPod interconnect so that works Via FM unfortunately - so no iPod control via the RNS

11. Ben jah min

Ben jah min Member

A couple more updates with the C5 barge. Its had a few ups and downs this last month, firstly i finally sorted out the private plate, UK pressed plates and wolfsburg surrounds.

[​IMG]

I also sourced a full black alcantara headliner and pillar set from an S6 item being broken together with a 3 spoke S6 wheel, from Dan95X - nice bloke whose very knowledgeable (he's also breaking a S6)

[​IMG]

Ill upload the before and after pics later, it transforms the interior IMO.

Then literally 2 days after it had been treated it spat its dummy out again and decided to chew up the NS CV joint so had to limp it 40 miles home from birmingham, but my mechanic came to the revue and fixed it within 24 hours of the fault, legend!!

hopefully if the weather holds I'm going to clay it this afternoon then i know what kind of base I'm working with for products..

12. Ben jah min

Ben jah min Member

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

S6 wheel:
    [​IMG]

13. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator

I love the dark alcantara, treat yourself to some LED's inside now (see my thread)...

14. Ben jah min

Ben jah min Member

Ive got some already :)

Next on the list is hitting it with the lowering stick, then a clutch and after that a huge turbo plus a trip to darkside would be nice :D

15. Ben jah min

Ben jah min Member

So today after a quick clean I decided it was time to fit the S6 chunky lower door blades so I did a bit of a walkthrough in pics.

Before
    [​IMG]

The removal is really straightforward, on the inside of the doors theres just a retainer screw at each end of the door. Remove both screws and pull the plinth towards the tailgate and they pop out - also worth doing if your door bottoms and all grimy and you want to get a really deep clean on the go.

The built up filth behind the door blade;
    [​IMG]

A good dose of APC
    [​IMG]

Cleaned
    [​IMG]

One side down
    [​IMG]

Finished Shot
    [​IMG]

Pretty impressed with how much it changes the look of the car and i can't wait to add some Hubcentrics for an even wider presence.

Ive got some 15mm FK 5/100's I've had drilled to 5/112 from my VR6 but typically i need some longer bolts to get them on as the ones from the VR6 are in use / doubt will be the same. Does anyone have a link for longer wheel bolts?!

16. desertstorm

desertstorm Well-Known Member
    Audi A4

17. Tony22593

Tony22593 Member

Liking the door blades mate want to get a set for mine, I think they make a massive difference!