1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

04 a3 2.0 tdi issues??

ell107 Mar 16, 2014

1. ell107

ell107 New Member

Ive recently bought an a3 as i needed to get a cheaper set of wheels for house buying and wanted something reliable but now ive got few issues with it
    1: headlights wont adjust up or down
    2: its started to judder when driving at slower speeds
    3: its constantly stuck in econ? For the heating and mists up really bad when raining
    4: i think turbo is on its way out cause if i put my foot down and let off a light grey puff comes out back

Any help id really appreciate it i know its guna take a while to sort but i dont want a rough running car when i need it to be as reliable as possible thanks

2. ell107

ell107 New Member

Also its on 125k miles so is there anything i should look out for?

3. max69vk

max69vk Active Member

1. Check the fuses for the headlight adjustment.

2. Change the fuel filter & run some redex through a couple of tanks of fuel.

3. Get the car scanned on VCDS it could be a failed pressure switch, or possibly need the AC recharged.

4. When was the oil + air filter last done? Grey smoke usually means over fuelling, also worth using a VCDS scan to check the torsion value.

4. c_w

c_w Well-Known Member

On point three, as a bove, the system made need recharging (and it's got a leak somewhere), as the compressor won't cut in if the pressure is too low.

5. ell107

ell107 New Member

Tidy cheers for your help lads i got it service in december when i picked it up the guy said it had never been done properly so maybe thats coming to a head now