034 Motorsport

Tom.H

Reaction score
Has anybody bought from these guys before? I'm looking at carbon fibre again (have to pass the time somehow while I'm waiting for the car to be built :grinning:) they do a nice little package of engine cover, battery cover and fuse box cover.

Shipping seems fairly reasonable as well, not sure what the customs cost would be like though!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and Mark_86
You may be able to buy their products from Awesome GTI based in Manchester - worth a look and would save any unexpected customs charges.

Reactions: Tom.H
Might have to drop them an email, did have a butchers on their website but couldn't see anything. Cheers Rob.

Yeah from memory think their website has 034 Motorsport and 034 Motorsports so if you sort by supplier you will get different results depending on which is selected.

Reactions: Tom.H
Yes, I've been to their shop as they're in my home town about two miles from where I grew up. Great group, true enthusiasts. Never seen so many Audis in one place outside a dealership.

A few pics I took up there around a Christmas:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: zippster and Tom.H
Yes, I've been to their shop as they're in my home town about two miles from where I grew up. Great group, true enthusiasts. Never seen so many Audis in one place outside a dealership.

A few pics I took up there around a Christmas:

Was the photos at night ??

#goodoldiphonebrowser

Attachments

• IMG_1514.PNG
    IMG_1514.PNG
    122.5 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: Rob2k68, phobos512 and TDI-line
Must be the new imgur gallery crap they're using now...

Also, you're from Basingstoke @zippster? I've been there a bunch of times for work :)

1obwihg.jpg

3jkwBy5.jpg

WFyjCLw.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68

Tom I'll tell you that I have their dogbone insert and rear subframe kit on my car now; ran their dogbone insert on my prior Golf R as well. Will be doing their front subframe kit and lowering springs toward the summer.

Their carbon stuff is nice but I'm no fan of pure cosmetic work. I've never gotten happy enough with he performance of a vehicle to start spending money on cosmetic enhancements before I've traded a vehicle away lol.

As the car will be financed I don't want to do anything that might affect the warranty, I love carbon fibre so am more than happy to just add some nice visual bits :grinning:

Tom I'll tell you that I have their dogbone insert and rear subframe kit on my car now; ran their dogbone insert on my prior Golf R as well. Will be doing their front subframe kit and lowering springs toward the summer.

Their carbon stuff is nice but I'm no fan of pure cosmetic work. I've never gotten happy enough with he performance of a vehicle to start spending money on cosmetic enhancements before I've traded a vehicle away lol.

What do you reckon to the rear subframe kit and which one is it as there seems to be a kit with the bolts and another with inserts that look to do a similar job to that of the dogbone mount insert ?

Cheers.

What do you reckon to the rear subframe kit and which one is it as there seems to be a kit with the bolts and another with inserts that look to do a similar job to that of the dogbone mount insert ?

Cheers.

Front subframe kit is bolts and collars; rear subframe kit is bolts and inserts similar to the dogbone insert.

I have the rear subframe kit right now; honestly I haven't done any aggressive driving with the car yet. I knew from prior experience with the platform (MQB) that I wanted to get the rear end a bit more locked down, which is why I went with that kit.

I also have the dogbone insert and again I know from prior experience that that firms up the transmission / engine / vehicle connection.

EDIT

The rear subframe kit, the bolts are a separate purchase. The "kit" is just the inserts. I forgot about that.

Last edited:
Been looking for battery cover for some time I shall be getting some of that to finish the engine bay off! Personally I find the price of the engine cover to be ridicules. I got mine changed to its current form for £100 carbon dipped and sealed. As you say if you don't want to alter anything it's the only option really.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1481228173808.jpg
    FB_IMG_1481228173808.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 115
Personally I'm not a huge fan of hydrodipping, much prefer the look of genuine carbon :grinning:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Steve 7891
Yeh I used to be the same. All the rest of my car is legit carbon but compared to the carbon intake it's identical to the eye with matching and allowed me to change silver center at the same time so win win for me cause it just made it look dull in my opinion.:grinning: everyone does it Differently. The saving it offered made me try it and I was surprised by how well it came out and resists the heat

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Tom.H
Does look good with the red centre as well, goes nice with the rest of the car.