02 Avant 2.5 TDI MPG ??

johnny_m

Reaction score
Hi All, Just thinking of getting a 02 2.5 TDI Avant and wondered if anyone know what sort of milage you get from a tank of diesel ??

I have seen the MPG figures from audi but want to know some 'Real Life' ones !!

Cheers

John

Hi depending on how you drive, on average i get 80-100 miles to a tenners worth of diesel at the current price, i find the car is about the same for mpg as a mondeo 1.8TD (last car 1998 model)
but twice as powerful

hope this helps

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

Thanks Mike, i have a Seat Leon TDI (110 chipped to 150ish) and was considering the avant as i have seen one locally - just need to sort out a part exchange !

Cheers

John

I have an '02 avant 2.5tdi SE multitronic and I get 35mpg round town and about 42mpg on a run, my wife takes it for the day and it comes back with around 47mpg, but I can't do this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am about to sell mine too, Denim blue sat nav+, grey hide, heated seats front and rear, xenons and loads of other stuff, but it has 65,000 miles on it, still has Audi warranty till May 05.

[ QUOTE ]
Johnny_m said:
Hi All, Just thinking of getting a 02 2.5 TDI Avant and wondered if anyone know what sort of milage you get from a tank of diesel ??

I have seen the MPG figures from audi but want to know some 'Real Life' ones !!

Cheers

John

[/ QUOTE ]

john
I'm taking delivery of a 2001 Avant with 67k on the clock tomorrow, so will let you know shortly.
Buying it from a main dealer...i had never considered buying from a dealer until i saw this one at a great price!

Vindis Audi, Huntingdon. I was supposed to take delivery last wednesday, and had planned on using the car. The salesman (Lee) kindly loaned me an A3 2.0 04 plate to use in the meantime whilst they were waiting for a part.

Great, great Audi dealer

Can I ask what your are paying for it??

PM me if you want to say, totally understand if you don't.

Just that I am about to sell mine and wanted to know what people are willing to pay for it.

Mine is

02 plate 2.5tdi Multitronic avant
Denim Blue
Aluminum trim
Light grey leather (nappa)
Walnut fascia
Xenons
17" 5 spoke alloys
Heated Mirrors
Heated Front and Rear seats
Interior Light Package
Sat Nav+
CD changer
heavy duty rear tray

Just had new conti sport contacts on, new discs and pads so the car doesn't need anything doing to it at all.
Also has the Siemens Bluetooth car kit fitted, which is very discrete and gives caller id etc.
It has 67k on it and has the Audi extended warranty on it to lift the 60k milage limit, so it is warrantied till May 05.

My Audi dealer has offered me £16k, which I guess is better than the £15k he offered before seeing it.
So it would be interesting to see what they are going for from a main dealer.

Mine is Multitronic.

Servicing from my dealer, is £200 for most up to £400 for the major ones every 60,000 miles.

My service record shows that it is mainly every 15,000 miles but this last one is around 18,000, but that has included a couple of trips to Scotland and down to the south of France, which was 2,000 miles, and the service indicator only dropped 400 miles on that trip, so it really depends on your driving.

After about 400 miles, i seem to be getting about 33-35mpg from my 2.5 quattro avant manual. I havent been heavy on the right foot, mostly driving at 1500-2500rpm, using 6th where possible.
Anyone think that something might be amiss with my fuel pump?

[ QUOTE ]
trekbiker said:
After about 400 miles, i seem to be getting about 33-35mpg from my 2.5 quattro avant manual. I havent been heavy on the right foot, mostly driving at 1500-2500rpm, using 6th where possible.
Anyone think that something might be amiss with my fuel pump?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't drive it like that! Rev it more freely and it'll loosen up nicely which will result in better MPG and hopefully next to no oil consumption. If you labour the engine you'll have problems with oil consumption and it probably won't be as powerful.

Even once it's run-in, driving in 6th won't necessarily give the best MPG. It's better to be in the right gear (slightly above peak torque RPM) than the highest gear possible.

Yeah they use more fuel when they are running in, once it gets to 1000+ miles the MPG should improve, I get about 85 miles to £10 of fuel and im not a sunday driver lol, and i find it just as economical allowing the engine to rev up to 3000 rpm before gear change.

point taken about labouring though, i found with my GT TDI that style of driving was good for 45-50mpg

[ QUOTE ]
trekbiker said:
should be run in by now. i bought it with 66k on the clock!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops! I thought you'd only covered 400 miles since new! Just looked at your earlier posts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

lol I get 400 out of my 1.8T quattro /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif