1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'02 1.9TDI estate Steering Problems

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by Shawsy, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Shawsy

Shawsy New Member

Hi,

I have read a few threads here regarding steering issues and I'd just like to get some advise.

My problem seems to be when turning i get a horrible whining and clicking noise from the steering. I also get the low rev grumbling noise when accelarating. My local garage have replaced the belt and tensioner but this did not solve it, thankfully i have not been charged.

Do you think the problem lies with the alternator pulley? it seems to be a common talking point here.

The car is going back to them on monday for re-diognosise, would it be worth mentioning the alternator pulley or maybe getting it changed anyway.

Thanks, Jon

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

Could be the pump itself? But without actually hearing it and inspecting it no idea.

4. Shawsy

Shawsy New Member

Got the car back from the garage today, turned out to be the alternator pulley, drives nice and smooth now, no whining and the low rev grumbling has gone also.

5. bebecheekymonkey

Mine had the same problem last year. Alternator pulley and new belts solved it.