00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154)

wesley

Reaction score
i have just done a scan on my girlfriends Tdi 130 mk iv golf because the airbag light keeps staying on. I get the error code 00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154) . What exactly is the seat belt tensioner?? I was under the inpression it was a device under the seat that snaps the seat belt tight in the event of a crash. i have the R32 seats in the golf but when looking at the seat belts on them they dont seem to have any wires or anything electrical on them and dont look like they would pull tight in a crash. Anybody shed any light on the scene? Thanks in advance.

Hi Stu the plugs all fitted in the same pal but still get the error,just been looking further into this problem and it seems it maybe the actual seat belt that is the problem and nothing to do with the wires under the seat,i also had to change the seat belts when i changed all the interior from cream to the r32 trim obviously because of the colour do you think it might have something to do with this?

I thought that the seat belt pre-tensioner is attached to the actual reel end of the belt and pulls the belt tight in the event of an impact.

So behind the B pillar lower trim.

Paul