00 or 01 S4?? Whats the differnce?

Accordhks

Reaction score
Hey guys... i'm about to purchase a S4 but still debating which one to get? The place I went to has 2 S4's a 2000 and 2001. Whats the difference between the 2 years? They both have the same Mileage around 64k. please help me out...

By the way: The above is for US spec cars. Euros may be different. I welcome anyone with different info on Euro versions.

Also, I forgot to mention that the tires on the US cars were different between model years. They evolved from Bridgestones to Pirellis to Michelins.

My UK spec mid year 00 S4 (old badge) has ESP and I think the oil warning sensor. Not sure about the updated turbos and oil lines etc.

[ QUOTE ]
ajsl said:

My UK spec mid year 00 S4 (old badge) has ESP and I think the oil warning sensor. Not sure about the updated turbos and oil lines etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would suspect that the UK version came out earlier than the U.S. version. It stands to reason that the turbos and oil lines are different, too.

ajsl: Do you know what size is the MAF?

Nope, what's the best way to check?

the MAF on the 2001.5 onwards S4 is a hitachi unit and is more reliable than the older Bosch unit. Both units are not interchangeable...

We think the oil supply line design on the S4 was changed on the MY99 onwards cars. There is an Audi US technical bulletin advising US dealers to change the lines on earlier cars.

The 2001.5 cars have extensive changes - no F hose, changed Inlet Manifold, revised spec turbos, revised intercooler/lines, Hitachi MAF, new badges etc.