'0-300' A3AH build thread

no dude, wrong end of the car!

rear bushes you want are SPF3397K I believe from memory.

Is there much difference in the eBay 3" downpipe and decat compared to pipewerx or miltek?

A

ebay is an auction site, not a downpipe manufacturer :laugh:

Which one do you mean?

The only sensible choice as I see it is the relentless downpipe, through Sam Bryant.

If you want Quality and Zero issues, Pipewerx is king.... but expensive

Trying to get a good balance mate. It's a road car that I drive to work.. Don't want to go OTT, but at the same time, I want quality and value for money. the only two i've seen is the link I've posted and a Pipewerx one for 350.00

There any middle ground?

I'm sure the DP/Decat is about £225 shipped

just checked my old messages and Sam had given me prices so the DP and 200cell cat was £256 inc P+P and the v3 manifold was £290 in P+P

This was about 6 months ago so not sure if prices have changed or not

I'm sure the DP/Decat is about £225 shipped

That's about 125.00 cheaper than pipewerx so deffo worth looking into.
I couldn't find the Facebook page, any other means of contact?

hes called sambryant on here so you can send him a pm

Reactions: A3AH
It will be there before you know it mate, they post very quick from USA I was surprised how quick i got mine.

Sean

It will be there before you know it mate, they post very quick from USA I was surprised how quick i got mine.

Sean

Yesterday I purchased majority of the to-do list:

Ferodo DS2500
Black combi front discs
Coilovers
Suspension top mounts
Top mount bearings
Bushes for the wishbones
Dogbone engine mount
Relentless 3" DP and decat
Quantum platinum oil
Oil filter
Fuel filter
4 Bosch plugs

I was about to purchase TFSI coilpacks, but I wasn't aware I'd need bolt down adapters and to change the wiring.
That can wait.

Just waiting to get through to badger5 to make the order for the V3 TIP, Cone filter and heat shield because mine is pre-ESP.

Where did you guys say it's best to order the RARB from?

The downpipe won't be in stock until 15th of feb so the mapping will have to wait until that's arrived and fitted but I'm in no rush.

It's going to feel like a new car! :)

Seems you're doing so much, it's a shame you're not fitting the exhaust manifold at the same time though.

Reactions: A3AH
It's going to feel like a new car! :)

Seems you're doing so much, it's a shame you're not fitting the exhaust manifold at the same time though.

Make much of a difference? Not something I'd looked at.. But I can now you've mentioned it.

With a fmic and a manifold then mapped you could break the 300bhp barrier. (plus all your other already planned mods)

Sean

With a fmic and a manifold then mapped you could break the 300bhp barrier. (plus all your other already planned mods)

Sean

I'm assuming the relentless do a manifold aswell?

I'm getting the FMIC and clutch (going to need one) next month. But I may aswell get the manifold now. Ill message Sam see if they got any. Cheers mate was unaware. :)

you don't need adapters or to change any wiring at all depending on the year of your S3. No S3 needs the wiring changed, and only cars with early bolt down coils need the adapters, or just a later cam cover.

If you have bolt down coils, don't change them though.

Doesnt the gapping have to be altered though for the TFSI coils nick

Just plug them in and drive off, hmmm interesting.

Cheers

if you have an AMK or a BAM you can just throw them in and go. no adapters, no wiring, they just fit :)

I'm assuming the relentless do a manifold aswell?

I'm getting the FMIC and clutch (going to need one) next month. But I may aswell get the manifold now. Ill message Sam see if they got any. Cheers mate was unaware. :)

Just to let you know ( not scaremongering) but I would say almost certain running 300bhp+ on standard rods your going to bend one, so as soon you get the money once you've completed your current upgrades plans look at upgrading your rods mate too.

Sean

When running tfsi coils the pligs do need gapping. Have a search its on here somewhere.

Just to let you know ( not scaremongering) but I would say almost certain running 300bhp+ on standard rods your going to bend one, so as soon you get the money once you've completed your current upgrades plans look at upgrading your rods mate too.

Sean

Just spoke to Sam and ordered the v3 manifold aswell.

Getting quite costly one my quest for power now. Got any recommendations for rods Sean ill start having a look now :).

Reactions: s33nyboy12
they don't Dani.

You CAN increase plug gaps if you so desire, but it does not need to be done at all.

Cheapest way to fit 4x new coilpacks to any S3 is to buy TFSI coils from awesome.

they don't Dani.

You CAN increase plug gaps if you so desire, but it does not need to be done at all.

Cheapest way to fit 4x new coilpacks to any S3 is to buy TFSI coils from awesome.

Unless you walk into Audi and get them for free, then sell them and but TFSI packs. Haha

Just spoke to Sam and ordered the v3 manifold aswell.

Getting quite costly one my quest for power now. Got any recommendations for rods Sean ill start having a look now :).

I don't know a lot about rods mate, some people prefer drilled rods, some say rifled and non drilled. There are threads on here that go into it in quite some depth . The rods themselves are not that expensive , it's more so the labour to fit them.

Some people have run 290-300 bhp on standard rods fine but then some have had them bend at 270-280 map dependant . Ask awesome gti on here or badger 5 bill/ tuffty I'm sure they will know more.

Sean

I don't know a lot about rods mate, some people prefer drilled rods, some say rifled and non drilled. There are threads on here that go into it in quite some depth . The rods themselves are not that expensive , it's more so the labour to fit them.

Some people have run 290-300 bhp on standard rods fine but then some have had them bend at 270-280 map dependant . Ask awesome gti on here or badger 5 bill/ tuffty I'm sure they will know more.

Sean

It's not the power that bends rods, it's the Torque! A spikey torque delivery is the usual cause of bent rods. My Stage1 car made around 260bhp, but the torque was something silly like over 300lb/ft pointing to a dodgy N75 valve which I changed pretty sharpish.

6:40am Monday morning.

Swiped on the roundabout by an R reg rover, by a guy who doesn't speak a word of English. Praying he has insurance.

Great start to the week chaps!