£75 +vat for wheel refurb

mac1403

Reaction score
Emailed Renowheel today for a quote to refurb my wheels. OMFG they want £75 + vat each. Also they want £11 +vat for removal of each tyre. My math not too great, but I am sure thay are saying total of £85 +vat for each wheel.. Basically £500 for all 5. I think they are having a laugh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif and I guess I will be looking for some nice aftermarket wheels with tyres for the same price unless anyone knows where I can have mine done for for a sensible price!

A guy in stoke-on-trent did a set of 17s for me £45 per wheel, had a few choices of finish as well. Was an extra £16 to have them all valved & balanced but he used posh chrome valves & caps. Dunno if he'd be too far for you but if you want his number pm me.

What sort of refurb?

Full sand blast ..powder coated? oven baked laquer

I am a total tight wad when it comes to that guy round our way does them for £30 quid a wheel all in

Yes to first two not sure bout the third, had mine done in anthracite & was well impressed with them. Not had any problems with finish in 2yrs.

TRY CHIPS AWAY THE DO WHEEL REFURBS THEY COME TO YOU AND GIVE FREE QUOTES

I know two guys who have their own vans and do wheel refurbishing professionally. I`m not quite sure what they charge the public per wheel but when they came to my work it was about £35 a wheel, they gave a discount

The charging you for tyre removal is harsh

The guys I know don`t remove the tyre, they let the air out and brake the bead to push the tyre back enough to work on it. They then sand down the damaged area and spray it back up. They only spray the damaged area and not the entire face of the rim but because the colour match is so perfect they get away with it

For the price you have been quoted I would expect a full on spray job. Ring around and you`ll probably find cheaper. Pity the lads I know are nowhere nr you