£332 for Oem Rear Shocks and Springs Exc VAT!!!!!!

Forbzeeee

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have just been quoted £332.02 exc VAT for Rear Shocks and Springs by my local Audi dealer.

This is outrageous so I didnt even wait for them to tell me the price to fit!

Is this average or are they trying to rip me off??? Can anyone suggest somewhere cheaper to get them? Is it worth getting the fronts done as well as I know that they have never been changed and this is a 2001 car with 62000 miles on the clock.

Looking forward to your thoughts

contact pjmspeedy he can get parts cheaper

I got quoted £135 fitted for 1 rear shock by itself so that price you've got must have been an "all in" price surely?

I found some 2nd hand standard shocks so I could get through the MOT

Whaaaaaat? My OEM front shocks were £85 each... Thought they were all the same!

Yeah rears took me 30 mins per side on my driveway :)

I am not that handy and do not have any tools to complete such a job. Where did you buy yours from and how much were they? Are there any other suppliers I can try?

I am not that handy and do not have any tools to complete such a job. Where did you buy yours from and how much were they? Are there any other suppliers I can try?

I had limited tools mate it was that easy.

I bought a full set of standard S3 shocks springs and tie bars from one of the classifieds on this site. I only wanted the rear shocks so I sold all the other components seperately. The shocks had done 70K miles but I only wanted them to get though my free MOT. I'll be going AP coilovers in a few months hopefully.