1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£30 fine :(

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Randomjim, Jul 16, 2007.

1. joost

joost Active Member

Andymac's post has already confirmed what the digit requirements are...

The problems start with the German plates because the letters aren't based on the 'Charles Wright' font (whoever the frig he was?) and if you have the stadt stickers on that's even worse.

I'm just waiting to get stopped for mine...

"Sorry Orofice, er, I mean Officer. I didn'trealise..."

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DriveByShooters

DriveByShooters Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine

I think next time i get stopped for my "perfectly readable illegal" plates, I'm gonna get out of the car with my hands up and lay speadeagle on the floor face down! Afterall, isn't that what "criminals" do when they are stopped!:no:

4. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

They tried to say that the plates weren't readable by the towns cctv so if my car got nicked they wouldn't be able to spot it. But somehow they managed to spot my plates from about 200ft away.

5. TheSpaceCowboy

Thats not quite true mate, cars produced before 1974 can display vintage plates, to quote: "Vehicles constructed before 1.1.73 may display traditional style ‘black and white’ plates i.e. white, silver or grey characters on a black plate." http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/v796.pdf

I wasnt sure the police could do you for having a D on the car instead of GB as all the law says is it must display the distinguishing sign of the member state? Then again I'm not a lawyer or police officer :busted_cop: