1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£2 a Litre BP stuff?

A3_Turbo Jul 11, 2007

1. A3_Turbo

A3_Turbo Swaying towards IHI....

Anyone used that Fuel in the BP garage that is over £2 a litre? Only just noticed it the other day as I usually go to Shell for V power but they were out of stock.
    Its 102 Octane I think just wondered if any-one had used it before? Or is it just a big waste of money……?

Cheers..

2. MikeS4

MikeS4 MikeS4

It costs twice as much a super unleaded so unless it doubles your bhp, its gonna be a waste of money

3. GSB1

GSB1 Member

I've tried it a couple of times now. At £2.40+ ish a litre I doubt I will again.

On my custom mapped (on 99ron fuel) S4 I didn't notice a difference.

Theory is it wouldn't make any difference unless your car is mapped for it. I used it twice before events when I really wanted the msot from the car, but it was more to say I tried it/peace of mind. A bad tank of 99ron could have seen me running a bit of retarded timing, on the 102 stuf, i knew I would be running the full timing of my custom map.

4. A3_Turbo

Oh ok cheers, I knew it was most probably a waste of money. I just noticed it the other day and wondered if any-one had tried it yet……

Jason
    :blackrs4:

5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I think I would faint at the prospect of a £100 tank of fuel for my S3, £50 is bad enough!. :faint:

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I'm sure you can afford it Jason, go on, have a try. :racer:

7. A3_Turbo

Haha nah im alright thanks rather some-one else blow £100 and be the guinea pig!