1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

€190 speeding ticket..............................

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gambba, Apr 12, 2003.

1. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Apr 12, 2003]
    So I'm just minding my own, when I see this dumbass Dutch policeman step out into the road with a glowworm in his hand and pull me over........Anyway they logged me doing 33 Km's over the 50Km/h speed limit, and because it's over 30 above it has to go to the district attorney, who will probably let me off with just a fine as it's my first time. But how do they come to €190 as a fine, well over 30K over the limit and it becomes €6 per 1 km/h over!!!!

These people are having a serious laugh, bloody robbing gangsters!

For those that don't know €190 is about 190 US$ or 115 GBP!!

Yes, i was wrong to speed, but 50Km/h (30 Mph) on a peice of duel carriageway, it should be at least 70 considering it's not even a built up area.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. Drill

Drill Member

[Apr 12, 2003]
    Ouch Dude, that f*****n' sucks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Over here 30k over on all secondary roads is a 30 day suspended license /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif So there's a BIT of a bright side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Feel for ya Dude, take it easy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. Ram

Ram Member

[Apr 12, 2003]
    So the 750.00€ I paid last year in France, along with having my licence suspended and the threat of having my car impounded was a record then?

I think you got a great deal to be honest!

Best wishes,

Ram
  5. biturbo

biturbo Member

[Apr 12, 2003]
    but that wasn't 33kmh over the limit, was it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
  6. Ram

Ram Member

[Apr 12, 2003]
    No,

It was 40kmh over the limit
  7. Drill

Drill Member

[Apr 12, 2003]
    Yeah, 40k over on secondary roads here CAN get your car pulled in (if you get nailed by the Polizei, not a camera) it's also IIRC a 60 day ban and any violation within the next year (or 2 I forget) will get your license pulled again. 790 Euros is INSANE, but then again, it WAS France [​IMG]

Not trivializing your tickets anyone, just pointing out how stupid things have gotten with these traffic laws and fines. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
  8. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Apr 13, 2003]
    Am I right in saying that Euro penalties still do not affect your UK license or has that now changed?
  9. Ram

Ram Member

[Apr 13, 2003]
    You're correct Paul - they have no jurisdiction over your licence - They cannot endorse it, but they can ban you from driving on their roads.

Best wishes,

Ram
  10. mramage

mramage Member

[Apr 13, 2003]

I got done in Germany about 1.5 years about. Sure they clocked me at about 130Kph or something, though I had been doing more. Limit was 100Kph.

Got off with a £50 fine, which I thought was fairly good going. It was later in the evening and the road was quiet.

Didn't realise they were so harsh in France. Maybe better watch it a little more there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Apr 14, 2003]
    Ram,
    That's hard! They really nailed you 'cos you're a foreigner, which I think they have a special 'price' list for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I'm over it now, I just wish that I'd of said that I didn't live here and would of got an on the spot fine instead of the ticket being sent to the district attorney and kept logged (so to speak).....oh well we learn from our mistakes, and carry on speeding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  12. Moresauce

Moresauce Member

[Apr 14, 2003]
    Sorry to hear that mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
  13. Drill

Drill Member

[Apr 14, 2003]
    What pisses me off is how trafic fines have progressed from being a "Punishment" to more of a means of revenue for the damn cops /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I mean, C'mon!! It's one thing to use fines as a deterent, but in most countries they take it way TOO FAR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Anyway, mini-rant over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  14. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Apr 14, 2003]
    How does it compare to the States? i.e. what's the fines there like?
  15. Drill

Drill Member

[Apr 14, 2003]
    Couldn't really tell you. I moved to Germany shortly after my 18th Birthday, so 95% of my driving has been here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif