Lambo vs Toyota!

Never seen the interior of an LP640 before, personally I think it looks far too Audi'ish for a Lambo, thought it was a TT until they showed the engine!!! As for the race, of course a 1200hp Supra is going to win, it'll blow up afterwards but it'll win!!!

Nickynibbles said:
As for the race, of course a 1200hp Supra is going to win, it'll blow up afterwards but it'll win!!!

Unlikely to blow up, the JZA-80 engine in the Supra is one of the strongest bottom ends of any engine ever. It will take up to 650 horsepower with no modifications at all, thats double the standard power. No other engine I have ever heard of will do that.

A4Quattro said:
Unlikely to blow up, the JZA-80 engine in the Supra is one of the strongest bottom ends of any engine ever. It will take up to 650 horsepower with no modifications at all, thats double the standard power. No other engine I have ever heard of will do that.

Er loads of 18T 150hp running over 300 on Big Turbos! !

But those supra motors are animals!!

you can get 300bhp out of a 1.8 without ANY bottom end mods at all?

What do you mean when you say, "bottom end mods"

Anything altered to the engine below the cylinder head, any oil pump upgrades or oil coolers, bearing changes or uprated con rods or crank etc.

The video from the supra is on that page now also.

A4Quattro said:
Anything altered to the engine below the cylinder head, any oil pump upgrades or oil coolers, bearing changes or uprated con rods or crank etc.

The video from the supra is on that page now also.

No the standard internals of a 1.8T can take around 325BHP and the same amount in torque, but you will need to uprate the conrods, valves and possibly pistons to go over 325bhp safely.

isn't the 1.8 already at 230 by the manufacturer in the S3?
if so 320 isn't double the output.
The standard Jap spec supra is 280bhp, so by rights if we're going on the lowest output for that engine, you can more than double its output on a standard bottom end.

Nothing against the Audi engine, but the Toyota engine is in a different class, anyone that has worked on one will say the same (anyone with a modicum of intelligence anyway)

I refer you to the earlier comment!! !
simch said:
Er loads of 18T 150hp running over 300 on Big Turbos! !

But those supra motors are animals!!

Litterally LOADS of AGU, 150hp golfs running well over 300hp, with totally stock engines, just a ruddy big turbo bolted on.
No rods, no head off, no pistons, just the stock AGU running IHI or GTrS.
Stock motor from VW 150hp, I know of one running over 360hp with aquamist and 148k miles on it, converted at 79k miles 4.5 years ago!!!

A4Quattro said:

I know of 2 VR6 turbo's running 400 bhp+ on standard internals, both with over 100k on the clock and still going strong - standard power is circa 190bhp.

how gutted would you be knowing that you have spent almost 150k and you get ripped by a 6k toyota from 1995.
mind you i know which one id rather own....lambo

In my opinion anyone can make a car go fast in a straight line, but making a car that handles more power than what it's chassis, brakes, clutch etc was originally designed to do and it's a totally different kettle of fish.

Each car has been designed to handle the power and tolerances that it's engine produces. Alter it to such an extent as the supra in this clip and your asking a bit too much. I'm sure if they had a race around a track it would be a different story. . . . . I know which one would not only win, but would also mechanically last longer!