Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Results 1 to 26 of 26
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AudiNutta
  • 1 Post By shariain

Thread: Danny Macaskill - LEGEND

  1. #1
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224

    Danny Macaskill - LEGEND

    Hi Guys,

    Just thought I would post this up. I have been a huge fan for years. The amount of skill, the way he can throw that bike around is unreal. Enjoy

    Danny MacAskill - "Way Back Home" - YouTube

    Matt

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cumbernauld
    Posts
    675
    Legend right enough!
    That bike is in the Riverside Museum in Glasgow.

  4. #3
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by markos72 View Post
    Legend right enough!
    That bike is in the Riverside Museum in Glasgow.
    Is it? I am surprised he would put his bike in a museum like that. Just shows how much of an inspiration to people he is.

  5. #4
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,457
    I like the one where Danny was at dunnaskin. I will try find the link. Its fantastic. x

    YouTube - Danny Macaskill - Industrial Revolutions
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP


  6. #5
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I like the one where Danny was at dunnaskin. I will try find the link. Its fantastic. x

    YouTube - Danny Macaskill - Industrial Revolutions
    I cant say I have seen that one. Which surprises me, I thought I had watched every single one of his videos. Sad I know

  7. #6
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,457
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNutta View Post
    I cant say I have seen that one. Which surprises me, I thought I had watched every single one of his videos. Sad I know
    That was filmed about 20 miles from where i live. Have you seen the video of him with the motorcyclist guy martin? x

    YouTube - Daredevils: Life on the Edge | The Rules - 4 | If In Doubt!
    Last edited by Sandra; 24th August 2012 at 23:38.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP


  8. #7
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    That was filmed about 20 miles from where i live. Have you seen the video of him with the motorcyclist guy martin? x

    YouTube - Daredevils: Life on the Edge | The Rules - 4 | If In Doubt!
    Oh thats cool I watched the trailer but never got chance to watch the full documentary. So I am about to watch it now online :D Thanks for reminding me

  9. #8
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,457
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNutta View Post
    Oh thats cool I watched the trailer but never got chance to watch the full documentary. So I am about to watch it now online :D Thanks for reminding me
    you will so enjoy it. Im sure i have links to a lot of his stuff. You obviously like the motorbike stuff just like me. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP


  10. #9
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    you will so enjoy it. Im sure i have links to a lot of his stuff. You obviously like the motorbike stuff just like me. x
    Are you a dream girl or what? You love Audi's? And motorbikes. Thats the complete package there, Lmao! Yes, I'm well into everything that has an engine!
    Sandra likes this.

  11. #10
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,457
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNutta View Post
    Are you a dream girl or what? You love Audi's? And motorbikes. Thats the complete package there, Lmao! Yes, I'm well into everything that has an engine!
    Thanks Matt, i love wsb, bsb, moto gp, touring cars and formula 1.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP


  12. #11
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Thanks Matt, i love wsb, bsb, moto gp, touring cars and formula 1.
    Same here. What car are you running at the moment?

  13. #12
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by markos72 View Post
    Legend right enough!
    That bike is in the Riverside Museum in Glasgow.
    Am coming to visit Scotland next month, this is now a must!

  14. #13
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Thanks Matt, i love wsb, bsb, moto gp, touring cars and formula 1.
    All in the right order too....

  15. #14
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Scotland looks like a beautiful place. Your lucky to get the opportunity to go there. Living in south wales it has always been a bit out of reach for us, from all the pictures and videos I have seen it looks amazing. Have a good time Ads!

  16. #15
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNutta View Post
    Scotland looks like a beautiful place. Your lucky to get the opportunity to go there. Living in south wales it has always been a bit out of reach for us, from all the pictures and videos I have seen it looks amazing. Have a good time Ads!
    Thanks mate, am sure to have a great time! No where is out of reach though, I'm driving from the south coast... the very south coast. 444 Miles to Glasgow! Going to spend time in both Glasgow and Edinburgh and I will be driving all the way.. Just bought a diesel A3, have to make use of it some how

  17. #16
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads_AudiA3 View Post
    Thanks mate, am sure to have a great time! No where is out of reach though, I'm driving from the south coast... the very south coast. 444 Miles to Glasgow! Going to spend time in both Glasgow and Edinburgh and I will be driving all the way.. Just bought a diesel A3, have to make use of it some how
    Shouldn't be too bad in the A3 then. No reason why you couldn't get each way on one tank I am not even 16 yet So it is a little for me anyway, hahaaa. Hopefully once I am able to get my hands on an Audi I will start travelling to various places around the UK. Already thinking of a trip to the Nurburgring.

  18. #17
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cumbernauld
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNutta View Post
    Scotland looks like a beautiful place. Your lucky to get the opportunity to go there. Living in south wales it has always been a bit out of reach for us, from all the pictures and videos I have seen it looks amazing. Have a good time Ads!
    God's country

  19. #18
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNutta View Post
    Shouldn't be too bad in the A3 then. No reason why you couldn't get each way on one tank I am not even 16 yet So it is a little for me anyway, hahaaa. Hopefully once I am able to get my hands on an Audi I will start travelling to various places around the UK. Already thinking of a trip to the Nurburgring.
    Yeah, each way on a single tank will be a doddle, the old A3 wouldn't of made it though!!
    Ah I see, yeah once you have transport it will give you loads of independence! Just start saving now and when you pass your test you'll be out in Audi's in no time! My first Audi I had when I was 21, now I'm on my 3rd Audi

  20. #19
    shariain's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,173

    Danny Macaskill - LEGEND

    He done a display last year @ the riverside museum glasgow with the clan stunt team and we got to meet him he is very down to earth was talking to my eldest for ages about doing stunts and learning safely, he signed the back of my iPhone but cause I was using it it rubbed off, he also singed lots of stuff for my boys and also got this (the hoodie my boy is wearing is singed on the right shoulder).

    Sandra likes this.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

  21. #20
    shariain's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,173

    Danny Macaskill - LEGEND

    If you follow him on facebook he post up sometimes that he is going to be riding in a particular town center he was in Glasgow riding the other night there.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

  22. #21
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads_AudiA3 View Post
    Yeah, each way on a single tank will be a doddle, the old A3 wouldn't of made it though!!
    Ah I see, yeah once you have transport it will give you loads of independence! Just start saving now and when you pass your test you'll be out in Audi's in no time! My first Audi I had when I was 21, now I'm on my 3rd Audi
    After seeing the insurance prices, I am unlikely to get an Audi for my first car. However once I get 1 or 2 years NCB under my belt I will be sure to buy my first Audi. It has been a lifelong dream for me to have an Audi. Truly amazing cars! All of you on the forum are extremely lucky to have the opportunity to own one :D

  23. #22
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by shariain View Post
    He done a display last year @ the riverside museum glasgow with the clan stunt team and we got to meet him he is very down to earth was talking to my eldest for ages about doing stunts and learning safely, he signed the back of my iPhone but cause I was using it it rubbed off, he also singed lots of stuff for my boys and also got this (the hoodie my boy is wearing is singed on the right shoulder).

    Quote Originally Posted by shariain View Post
    If you follow him on facebook he post up sometimes that he is going to be riding in a particular town center he was in Glasgow riding the other night there.


    Wow. That just have been an amazing experience to meet Danny. He has been one of my lifelong heroes

    I follow him on Facebook so I get all of the updates of where he is and the latest videos :D However not a visit to Cardiff yet, hahaa.

  24. #23
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNutta View Post
    After seeing the insurance prices, I am unlikely to get an Audi for my first car. However once I get 1 or 2 years NCB under my belt I will be sure to buy my first Audi. It has been a lifelong dream for me to have an Audi. Truly amazing cars! All of you on the forum are extremely lucky to have the opportunity to own one :D
    Matt, the harder you work, the luckier you will be. Do it once, and do it right

  25. #24
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads_AudiA3 View Post
    Matt, the harder you work, the luckier you will be. Do it once, and do it right
    I am hoping if I get the results I am predicted in the last year of school. I have pretty much already been offered and apprenticeship in electrical engineering if hey decide to take on a second apprentice next year :D But the good thing about this apprenticeship (it is 4 years long)

    1st year in college: £10.000
    2nd year at work: £12.000
    3rd & 4th year: £15.000

    At the end of the 4 years if they believe my attitude to the job was good I would get employed at £33.000 a year. That is a lot for a 20 year old. So hopefully I won't be waiting too long until I get my first Audi :D I went to the company for work experience 6 weeks ago and begged for a second week! So that is why they were so impressed :D

  26. #25
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNutta View Post
    I am hoping if I get the results I am predicted in the last year of school. I have pretty much already been offered and apprenticeship in electrical engineering if hey decide to take on a second apprentice next year :D But the good thing about this apprenticeship (it is 4 years long)

    1st year in college: £10.000
    2nd year at work: £12.000
    3rd & 4th year: £15.000

    At the end of the 4 years if they believe my attitude to the job was good I would get employed at £33.000 a year. That is a lot for a 20 year old. So hopefully I won't be waiting too long until I get my first Audi :D I went to the company for work experience 6 weeks ago and begged for a second week! So that is why they were so impressed :D

    Sounds like your doing it right then mate. Good to see people with your attitude, rare to come by.

  27. #26
    AudiNutta's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads_AudiA3 View Post
    Sounds like your doing it right then mate. Good to see people with your attitude, rare to come by.
    Thanks! I have understood what I need to do to get somewhere in life and get what I want! Just gotta start working hard now

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Bye bye to a true legend
    By TQS in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12th August 2007, 19:11
  2. Urban Legend - Reset Lights
    By A4NA18 in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 18th March 2007, 01:03
  3. I am a LEGEND!!!
    By Booth_S4 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 16th December 2006, 12:40
  4. "Football Legends"
    By 28v6 in forum Jokes, Games & Humour
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18th November 2006, 22:07
  5. Boris Johnson - Legend
    By johnnywb in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 5th May 2006, 22:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO