hello, mk1 s3 newbie owner from wales

cupra20v.t

Reaction score
Hello, I picked up my S3 last night after a 6 hour round trip, 2001, mineral grey, ivory leather, revo map, forge recirc, 18" rs4's,

this is my first audi but not my first encouter with the 20vt engine.

previously had a mk3 ibiza cupra and transplanted a s3 225 engine into a mk3 golf which ended up being a feature car in golf+.

recently sold my tvr cerbera, bought an e46 m3 got bored, sold it cleared some debt and got a mondeo st tdci, got bored with that very quickly and i've always fancied an s3 so here we are............pics will follow on sunday after its saturday mamoth cleaning sesh.

i have a few niggles on the car which i need to sort but they are all relatively easy or so i hope.

i'm from cornelly, south wales, if anyones around my neck of the woods speak up.

shayne

Hiya Shayne and welcome, uve had some nice cars there!

Pics will be good when all cleaned lol, hope the rain holds off for you!!!!!

Thanks sarah, im having a night mare at the moment as I need a new hazard light switch as mine clicks like crazy, I Bought this morning from euro car parts with the same part number only difference being a differnce with one letter on the end and lack of a trebble clef. ive tried the new switch and instead of clicking it makes a horrid attempt to beep.

I took it back and apparently the one in circulation now is the only one i can get. they are ordering me a new one to test tomorrow (incase the one i have is dodgy), so fingers crossed, but my luck is never in my favour so i probably have an electrical problem somewhere.

plus the rain, was hoping to give the car good going over tonight and sort other niggles. (why does my garage have to be crammed with shit_e)

Welcome Shayne, almost thought you were a guy I knew off Cliosport! He recently sold his TVR for an M3, then got rid for something else! Similar stories!

Thanks sarah, im having a night mare at the moment as I need a new hazard light switch as mine clicks like crazy, I Bought this morning from euro car parts with the same part number only difference being a differnce with one letter on the end and lack of a trebble clef. ive tried the new switch and instead of clicking it makes a horrid attempt to beep.

I took it back and apparently the one in circulation now is the only one i can get. they are ordering me a new one to test tomorrow (incase the one i have is dodgy), so fingers crossed, but my luck is never in my favour so i probably have an electrical problem somewhere.

plus the rain, was hoping to give the car good going over tonight and sort other niggles. (why does my garage have to be crammed with shit_e)

Hope the other parts right, really annoying, its one of those minor pain in the butt niggles!

Haa haa as its raining get the garage sported ready for the weekend work!!!