New member 220bhp A3 owner

mlcadman

Reaction score
Been on this site for ideas for ages as i'm only 20 and getting insured on an audi takes its fair share of cash out of the wage packet. I got the chance this year to buy my mates audi a3 turbo, hope you guys like it and hope to have some interesting discussions and maybe meet up with some of you at some meets or shows

My car although its lower now
http://www.twistedheaven.com/modded/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=2
http://www.twistedheaven.com/modded/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=1
http://www.twistedheaven.com/modded/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=0

Engine

Audi 1.8 20v Turbo engine, Collins performance chip,
Manual boost controller (boost set to around 13psi),
Fast Road Closed Loop Diverter Valve (piston)
Pipercross induction kit, Full JS stainless exhaust system,
Neuspeed N2 sports clutch, Uprated box with closer ratio gears
(Rolling Road @ 220bhp and 240 ft lb torque)

Suspension

Chassis Dynamics 40mm lowered/uprated springs,
Audi S3 Standard shocks

Wheels

MIlle Miglia Emotion 8J X 17
Pirellis

Exterior

Reiger tuning front lower bumper section,
Rear original lower bumper section colour coded,
Lower side section colour coded,
Door handles completely removed, boot flushed,

cheers guys and gals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

yup and me (i helped out), it used to be a company called ap performance, based just outside of stoke-on-trent's demo car

And you have the best colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Love the front bumper, you getting a rear to match?

nah the rear basically is on the floor as the numberplate is under the rear bumper now and with the 6 inch exhaust looks absolutley amazin (didnt like the exhaust at 1st but its really grown on me)

Welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif nice car

I dont have a clue about if its possible to swap lights on a3`s but if you can i'd make one of the next mods updated headlights- would finish off the front perfectly. and also clear side indicators and maybe facelift rear ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

well next mods are carbon engine parts and yellow samco hoses, maybe porsche rims, aint sure about changing headlights yet but cheers for the idea

Am I wrong or anything to see that the front bumper is Oettinger one not Rieger. Anyway, it is a nice car. I will also post my pics soon. hehehe.

yeah u are right sorry, it used to have the reiger one on and i copied the spec list without realising

I like very much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wanted that lower front bumper. but the insurance compay wouldn't let me when some ran into the front of mine.

Do you know the name of colour of your car? As it looks very much like mine, but mine is a one off life style colour.

factory_front_left_side01.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
tennisguy said:
Am I wrong or anything to see that the front bumper is Oettinger one not Rieger. Anyway, it is a nice car. I will also post my pics soon. hehehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the difference? As I'm thinking of doing a full RS4 body conversion on my B5 S4 Sedan.

Welcome to the forum!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
G

markb i'm on fezonline used to have the red 16v polo and sold it, will find out the name of the colour for ya, ur mate alex has me on msn so if ya wanna add me go ahead, ur car looks good with the lower section sprayed up

[ QUOTE ]
mlcadman said:
markb i'm on fezonline used to have the red 16v polo and sold it, will find out the name of the colour for ya, ur mate alex has me on msn so if ya wanna add me go ahead, ur car looks good with the lower section sprayed up

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I recognised the name, but I could think why /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gutted that there will be another one like mine up Fez oh well never mind.

What you got planned for it?

When are you next up Fez? Maybe we could meet up?

well big picture plans are, carbon and yellow hoses in engine bay, maybe porsche wheels, back box change,

but short term plans are clear side repeators and keep the general reliability up by servicing every part i can take apart

basically new mods comin after christmas, should be down fez on sunday but will post on fezonline to let ya know

Cool nice one.

Yeah I was going to say about the exhaust. Not the nicest.

Yeah if you are going on Sunday let me know it would be nice to see the two cars together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Out of interest how much are you paying on insurance? As I am only 21 and I am paying £1600 FC LOL

Also how are you finding the car?

i'm payin 1400 fc had one crash and i'm only 20, the cars great cant complain with the power

Ah right I am with Admiral (Same as Elephant).

So how much extra did they charge for the mods? As Admiral wanted £200 extra for alloys and suspension.

yeah same with me, but compared to other companies thats cheap, free to colour code body with elephant 2

You guys shoudltry adrian flux... im only 21, with 1 years NCB, and i insured my car, fully declared for £2000... Thats with a turbo upgrade to 317bhp, bodykit, alloys, porsche brakes .etc... They are a real good company and have no problem with modifications like elephant! Elephant f*cked me right over when i came to declare so dont like them much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif