Hi all.

OllieH

Reaction score
Hi, just thought I'd say hello to you all. Recently moved across from the Type R fraternity, which started with a UK egg-white DC2 Type R, unmodded. I then moved onto a blue imported DC5 Type R, which I heavily modded. Pics below. Mods on that were wheels, coilovers, brakes, cage, harnesses, Spoon 1.5 way diff, clutch, flywheel, and the best one of all was a stage 2 Rotrex supercharger, with charge cooler. This made 330 BHP and 220 lbft, and was an animal! :racer:

DSC00368-1.jpg

DSC00371-1.jpg

I sold the Teg back in August and bought an S1 Elise S160 which had an Exige engine fitted, with the intention of doing a supercharged K20A conversion, but then work commitments cut this idea short and had to sell up again. Here's some pics of the Elise:

1174111-1.jpg

DSC00630.jpg

I'm now starting to look again, but have decided to get something more sensible, (but still sporty), so have chosen the 8L S3. I test drove one today (http://pistonheads.com/sales/1314463.htm) but it was a bit of a dog (oil filler cap and dipstick were full of emulsified oil and general condition was crap, which was a surprise as it was an 03 reg and had 57k on the clock). I could see the potential though and was surprised at how torquey it was. Considering how heavy it is, it shifted quite well.

I would love this: http://pistonheads.com/sales/1413333.htm

but unfortunately money doesn't stretch that far, and I reckon fuel costs would be a bomb!

I would like to get a low milage facelift, BAM engined S3, 02 or 03 reg, preferably in Negaro blue or black, with the 18" RSTT's. If anyone is thinking of selling up in the next couple of months, give me a shout. Mods are no problem as I plan on doing alot myself. My wish list being full Milltek exhaust, DP, brake conversion, lowering springs (maybe coilovers), AH Fab's FMIC, (have been reading the thread on this and seems a very good alternative to the forge item), Stage 2 remap, diverter valve, Haldex controller, and possibly a Hybrid or GT28 in the future.

Has anyone come across from a Type R who can shed some light on the S3 in comparison to the DC5? The one problem with the DC5 was traction through the front wheels, and I needed a flat road to get all the power down, and if it was raining I had no chance. What I really liked on the Teg was it had great turn-in, which I'm abit worried about with the S3. What is it like on the S3, and can it be improved on?

Cheers, and hope to be joining in with the Quattro fun asap:beerchug:

Hello and Welcome to the site
Nice previous cars,I hope you'll be happy with the S3.
That S3 is a beast.

Yeh it is. Not too keen on the front bumper though. I think the standard S3 front looks best.
I suppose it doesn't matter as most people just see the rear :)