Defected from Uk-mkivs!

Audi-Rog

Six Audi's & Counting!
Reaction score
:hi:Just wanted to say hello! My name is Rog, I'm 38 and I've just bought a Black 3dr A3 2.0T Quattro S-line! Great spec too, including full black leather heated seats and Xenons. There are a few niggly things to sort but nothing too bad ,alloys need a refurb and a good DA polish!

I've been looking (lurking!) at the site doing my homework before committing to buying the A3, looks like there is plenty of friendly expertise on here.

I used to have a Mk4 golf Gti Anniversary 1.8T so was/am a member of the Mkivs.net. The car was great but decided after 18 months to look for a better replacement! And so far I am well impressed!! I'm also a bit of a detailer so spend hours cleaning and sorting it out. Much to the dismay of my wife!!

Here is a few pics of my old car,

3800x600.png

forsale9.jpg

forsale1.jpg

And here is a really poor pic of my new acquisition! Haven't had the chance to really clean it ,but it is a great starting platform. The kicker is it has also been re-mapped to over 250 BHP!

newcar5.jpg

I'll get some better pics up when I've got somewhere with the bodywork and engine bay!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Rog

Last edited:
:sign_welcome: have always liked mk4 anniversary, much planned for your A3? If your looking for a downpipe or a full system check out my group buy (link in my signature) :) your more than welcome to take part in the great saving.

Davie

Cheers David!

I'm gonna concentrate, for now, on bringing the bodywork and wheels up to scratch and do a bit of maintenance on the engine (clean the throttle housing and add a K&N filter or something similar). The rest may come in time. It already goes like the clappers as it is :rock:

I also need to get a second key and code it ,e-bay normally come up trumps! I know a guy to code it, which is handy!

Hello and Welcome to the site
A few ex Golf owners here (VR6 here)

Welcome. MK4 looks tidy, A3 Looks smart too. :yum:

Thanks Hodge :thumbsup:

I was a little reluctant to sell the Anni as I had spent a small fortune sorting it out, but the Audi is on another level all together and the heated leather seats are awesome!

So far I have not regretted selling the Golf! But I've only had the Audi 3 days!

Is there anything major I need to check or worry about?

Thanks for the welcome so far,

Rog

Last edited: