Just bought a 2004 1.6 FSI SE :) Downgraded from my megane 225 !

AntDub

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here.

I am 19 years old and I have owned a whole host of cars from a Import Subaru STI, to a glanza v turbo running some serious boost... all the way to my megane 225 with all the r26 bits.. however i have taken a pay cut to keep my job and i simply cant justify running my 225 any more..

so i took the plunge and bought a black a3 today, 1.6 FSI SE 3 door with 6spd gearbox .. nice car, pick it up tomorrow.. cost £7k which was very reasonable i thought...

I have a whole host of mods i want to do but i have no idea how i can get around doing it, i want 19'' rs6 alloys (basic mod) but i want to do a front end conversion for the sline/s3 front bumper or even the new one with the LEDS in the headlights, is there anyone who carrys out these conversions (supply & fit)

anyway i know this isnt the right section for dicussing that but if anyone can send me into the right direction for all the bits on these a3's that would be good, im in manchester to.

So basically Hello :)!

good luck mate. why the 1.6 though, not fancy atleast a 1.8t?

Even the 1.6 would be an upgrade from the Renault.... Well in build quility anyway.

Maybe 'slightly' lacking in performance in comparison

Hi mate,

I took ownership of a 1.6 FSI Sport last week too, and also plan to do a front end conversion.

A front end conversion is very possible but you will also need to replace the bonnet as well in order for a snug fit.