My first S3!

GeneralWest

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm in Cambridgeshire. Just brought an S3, done nearly 1k miles in the last four days!

Loving it.....:blackrs4:

Hello and Welcome to the site
new or old S3 ?

Old S3, pre-facelift X-plate in Black. Drove from Edinburgh to Cambridge yeterday and still wanted to drive an extra 50 miles to test it out on the local country roads.

thats the one with wide arches...like mine :)

A3/S3 section has a pics bit in the stickie threads at the top,post some pics and share your mods unless its all original of course.

Its's all original at the moment. Don't plan to do that much to it, tbh. Theres an Alpine head unit + amp & sub going in next week and i'll probably get the rear windows tinted over the next month.

I'm entertaining the thought of getting it re-mapped but that will have to wait till early next year. But not sure about doing that to a high-ish mileage engine? That's about it for now.

Great site BTW. I've been reading through a lot of the old threads, there's loads of useful info there.

I have always maintained this is the best Audi site around,you can try others but I found them full of adverts and so slow or your having to be second in line behind VW's.

how many miles has it got ?

It's on 118k :sadlike:. Everything seems to be sound with it so far, but I've only had it since Monday so it's early days. Definitely goes & grips well........ let's hope it lasts :w00t:!

remaps can bring forward any problems with the engine TBH.

118k has it had the second cambelt done ?

every 5 years or 60k whichever comes first

Welcome to the site, enjoy the S3 and any problems there are loads of helpfull people on here more than welcome to help u

But touchwood u dont get any