hold the door open . . . . . . thanx. I'm . . .

• Thread starter imported_Teutonic_Tamer
  • Start date
I

imported_Teutonic_Tamer

. . . a newbie here.

Owned my S4 for over a year now, don't know what took me so long to register.

<fx. beats oneself around head with wet fish>

First Audi, and VAG car I've ever owned, but certainly not my last. My S4 is a superb car, but I'm sure the rest of you know that already.

It'll be good to share any info (useful or not) with other members.

TTFN, HAND etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hug.gif

Hi & welcome to the forum. I'm not at all jealous you have an S4. No really, I'm not... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not jealous. After all your about 60bhp down on bhp and about 50lb ft down on torque.

No, seriously, it is a very, very nice car, just superb.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not jealous. After all your about 60bhp down on bhp and about 50lb ft down on torque.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ta for the welcome.

Does the AMD st3 REALLY add another 60 ponies, and all that xtra torque? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Have you dyno'd the car? I'd be interested in seeing a standard and stage 3 overlay graph. Is there any loss of bottom end grunt, because the standard map produces 300Nm of torque at 1,100rpm. That is why I like the v8 - with it's Jeckyl and Hyde characteristics. What about the warranty - do the AMD chips keep a back-up of the standard ECU map? I've been very cautious about chipping (on a normally aspirated motor), because the claims are usually quite modest, ranging from 5-6 bhp increase, upto a tops of about 15 bhp. Or have I missed something?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Turbo cars respond very well to remaps! 50 - 60 bhp extra is the norm for the S3 and anything from 60 - 90 lb/ft.

These results are achived by upping the boost pressure and changing the fuelling.

They are a completely different animal when chipped!

btw, welcome to the forum!

Rich.