3rd Audi

pcmanning

Reaction score
So after much angst picked up our S3 sportback. Dispite some issues it's creating some grin's already. It's speced with symphony, side blinds, storage, heated seats and Magnetic Ride. Meteor Grey nice with the Aluminum Rails and the silver side mirrors. Apart from some issues over the "delivery" mileage (48 miles) and Audi's idea of "Silver" alcantara (Cream or Magnolia with a very very very slight hint of grey - expected a mid-grey at least vaguely similar to that in the brochure!) very pleased with the car.

Different driving experience to the car it replaces (well tries to), a VX220 Turbo, but goes pretty well, corners nice and flat, nice shove in the back under acceleration - should be more when run in. Mag ride two modes are a nice balance - comfort just a tad harder than our A4 s-line (so good for family bus duties) and sports is very hard - but I find it good on my own the local B-roads. Overall suspension crontrol is is much better than the A4. Given mag ride was a gamble, I'm very pleased with it.

As mentioned this is our 3rd Audi - we also have an A4 s-line 2.0T Quattro which replaced my wifes TT 225.

Pau

Hi and welcome to the site The car sounds amazing you will have to get some pics up. My boyfriend and I have "matching" cars mine an A3 in merlin and his an A4 in byzan :) we are not the only ones whooo :) Again welcome to the site enjoy it

S111PCM-c.jpg

Token Piccy, not the most exciting, I'm better with animals!

Paul

Was on vx220.org.uk - had a yellow turbo for 5 glorious years :(

Paul

:sign_welcome:
The sportback looks amazing! Wouldn't mind seeing a few more pics of that :yes:

What's it like spacewise compared to the A4? Obviously easier loading as it's a hatch.

Hi, just joined the site. Recently purchased my 2001 Audi S3 and thought it maybe a good idea to be a member for help and advice on issues that i may come across..lol!!

I have already encounted my first problem with the temp gauge randomly dropping whilst driving and rising again as it wishes!!

Any idea what it could be people? Thought maybe the temp sender??

Cheers

Ted:blackrs4:

Nice picture pcmanning! can't wait to get mine!
only a couple of months to wait :)