A4 Convertable 10K - Wanted

lasagne33

Reaction score
Hi

New to all this so if I've broken rules sorry from the outset.

I want a Audi A4 convertable, I have about 10K to play with. I am an Audi newbie and here are my questions if anyone can help.

What will I get for 10K, year mileage etc?

What is the best model?

What should I avoid?

What should I look out for?

I am not worried about fuel consumption or insurance but I wouldn't want a trade account at Audi UK either!

Any help would be appreciated from the educated.

Thanks

:sign_welcome:to the site

I've not been looking at prices recently so don't know what your going to get for you money vs spec wise. It took me over 2 months to find the right one for me! There is a lot crap out there that don't seem to have been looked after very well. I've just had mine over a year now and think it's fantastic.
I went for the 1.8T and I would recomment going for this. Avoid the 2.4 as this is very thirsty and has the same amount as power as the 1.8T. If your wanting more power then the 1.8T is perfect for power upgrades. It's comes 163 bhp as standard but can be re-mapped for £250 which will give you an extra 45bhp which then puts it in the same power as the 3.0. It's all down to personal peference really.

Make sure you get one with full dealer service history. This can be checked if you ring Audi and give them the reg plate number. The 1.8T has suffered from oil sludge problems so it's very important to make sure it's had regular oil changes. Coil packs are also a problem but this is on all VAG cars not just the A4 Cabriolet. There cheap to replace at £28 each and can do them yourself in a matter of seconds.

As for spec I would get one with as many toys as you can. Like I said it may take a while to find the right one but make sure you look at as many as you can cause when you see a good one you will know!

Get one with sat nav is poss (RNS-E) or with the in dash 6 disc double din stereo system and BOSE. Electric seats, and heated seats as this will allow you to get the roof down just that little bit more.