snapey

snapey

snapey
Reaction score
Hi there i have a a4 avant 2.0tdi s line in black,I am due to change the tyres and was wondering whether to use the 225/40/18 or the 235/40/18 or the 235/45/18 i am new to the site and was wondering if anyone could give me any advice it would be much appreciated.:kissmyrings:

Hello and welcome :)

What size tyres are you running now? 225/40 and 235/40 will both have different rolling radius's - and you need to match your existing rolling radius's as closely as possible or it will throw out both your speedo and final drive ratio.

Use something like this Tyre Size Calculator to work out exactly what other tyre sizes you can use.

HTH :cool:

Hi there thanks for the response i am currently running on 225/40/18 but am considering changing them to a higher profile as there is no protection against kerbs etc.What do you think of the 235/40/18 these are the usual standard ones for the car that audi fit,do you think i will notice much difference i am also due a service soon and was wondering what oil you would recomend i currently use shell helix ultra extra 5w/30 and have always run the car on shell v power it would be interesting to get another opinion thanks again.

tesco 99 RON is better in tests a few months back.

Hi there thanks for the response i am currently running on 225/40/18 but am considering changing them to a higher profile as there is no protection against kerbs etc.What do you think of the 235/40/18 these are the usual standard ones for the car that audi fit,do you think i will notice much difference i am also due a service soon and was wondering what oil you would recomend i currently use shell helix ultra extra 5w/30 and have always run the car on shell v power it would be interesting to get another opinion thanks again.

Audi seem to fit both 225 and 235's to their 18" wheels. The difference in profile between the two is surely minimal? About 4 mm by my reckoning, and the circumference of the 235 will be 1.24% less. So I can't see it matters too much, 225 will be cheaper, 235's wider ;)

Oil spec should be listed in your manual, or speak to the chap from Opie oils on here - called oilman I think.

Good call on the V-Power - I haven't taken the plunge yet :thumbsup:

Alot say that but when i used it the s3 seemed to drink it alot faster and made very little difference but thats just my experience :ermm: