New newbie!

I

imported_s4bone

Hi,

Just saying hello. I am on my second Audi S4. Really cool car.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-d

Woohoo!
Welcome to the forum!
From one 2000 Imola S4 owner to the other - good for you!

Where abouts in the Boston area are you located?

I'll be going to the GTG this Saturday (17th) in Brookline. Do you know about it? It would be great if you could show with your Imola, too!!

Here's the link to our post (I go by the same name there, too):

BAG (Boston Audi Group) - GTG June 17, Brookline

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Hope you can make it! Post there if you can.

Sorry to break this to you but I got rid of the Yellow one a while ago. I own the silver one now. Please don't HATE ME! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I was getting way too much attention from the police and had to trade it old guy in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Actually, since getting a newer model I have noticed some interesting things. My original yellow was from mid 1999, it was one of the first to enter the country. When I was showing it to another Audi guy, he and I noticed that the hands on the dash were RED! I haven't seen that again. The new S4s (everyone I have seen since, including my current car) has white hands on the gauges. It also didn't have ESP.

I miss that car, but the silver on is a fantastic car.

-d

[ QUOTE ]
Duane S. Bone said:
Actually, since getting a newer model I have noticed some interesting things. My original yellow was from mid 1999, it was one of the first to enter the country. When I was showing it to another Audi guy, he and I noticed that the hands on the dash were RED! I haven't seen that again. The new S4s (everyone I have seen since, including my current car) has white hands on the gauges. It also didn't have ESP.
-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are features of the 2000 MY S4.
In fact, here are the distinguishing fetures of a U.S. spec 2000 S4:
2000 S4 has and has nots:
Has (smaller) classic S4 badge.
Has an f-hose.
Has the Bosch MAF that may fail over time (Audi recall: newer Hitachi unit fixed this problem).
Has the A box ECU for manual 6 speed (considered to be the most aggressive of all the ECU boxes).
Does NOT have ESP.
Does NOT have larger turbo oil lines of the 2002.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Are you near Brookline? If you can make it, we are having a GTG this Saturday:
July 17 GTG/BBQ Auto Museum Brookline

Yeah, I put a response in the BostonAudi.org forum.

My current S4 is a 2001 (I think its not the .5 since I have the small S4 badge). Do I still have the old ECU, or did that get upgraded i nall of the 2001s?

What is the f-hose?

-d