New S3 Owner looking for some advice...

S3RYE

Interior Next!!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm obviously new to this Forum and also new to the Audi scene. Ive had my S3 facelift now for about two months absolutely loving it!

im basically looking to add a few mods over the coming months and will need some help.

id like to know how you actually post photos on here too?? any help? :ermm:

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02045.jpg

DSC02048.jpg

thanks,

when i try to add a photo it asks for URL?

could you explain? cant i just paste a photo?

no as you have to start up a image account.....it is free so no monies are needed.

Hello,

What S3 have you got - latest shape, or the older (some say better looking!) older 8L version.

For pics set up a photobucket account and load your pics in there.
You then need to put your pic codes in the IMG codes (when you set the account up, it will all make sense!)

J

ok cool, well whats the best site for an image account?

i have a facelift S3 in phantom black with black optics pack. i cant help noticing there is quite a lot of body roll in my car. Coming from a seruisly modded Cooper S it feels a bit soft through corners and was wondering what the best way is to sort this out a bit.. i know coilovers are probably the answer but i dont have that sort of money at the moment.

How are the ARB's and Lowering springs working for you (Jamiekip)?

and what effects does the CAI have?

im also planning to get a revo - map and Milltek TBE... what you think?

jamiekip,

one other thing? your running 19's arent ya?

what is your exact set up tyre sizes, offsets, widths... and do they rub? as i will be changing the wheels to either O.Z allergita or BBS or O.Z Classe 2:think:

Ahhh, just seen your reply!

So, you've worked out how to do the pic's ;)

Regarding the suspension set up on mine. Yeah, really happy tbh. I didn't think the standard set up was that bad, but since fitting the springs and ARB's the car is transformed. The ride is deffo firmer when pressing on, but is actually slightly more compliant around town. The ARB's have all but eradicated understeer, unless provoked. Was having a good run with an S3 with standard suspension on track last year, and in the corners I could hold a tighter line and carry more speed than him. Deffo a worthy mod!

I don't have a CAI on mine, was going to get an EVOMs but just never got round to it... think I've spent all I'm going to spend on this car now tbh
However, those that have done the CAI have seen between 10-15bhp on top of a stage 1 remap... the exhaust adding between another 10-15bhp.

I did a test on mine and just fitted the milltek downpipe and sportscat on the OEM backbox.... the test, can 40% of the cost of a full system, deliver 70% of the claimed power of the full system? The answer.... YES... quite happy with that one :D

With regards remap - depends - the vast majority of remaps on the S3's are on GIAC or Revo. In stage 1, both offer similar gains, with GIAC positioning themselves with a smooth map that builds progressively and Revo positioning themselves with something slightly more aggressive and the ability to adjust parameters such as boost, fuel and Timing. Either way,I don't think you'll be disappointed :)

Ahhh, the 19's, currently not on the car as I inherited them from a mate. They are in serious need of a recon, which I'm dragging my heels on getting sorted tbh... but will soon!
I think they are 8.5J ET45 with 235/35 tyres.
You get a little bit of rubbing, but nothing that can't be cured by removing a little screw on the rear bumper. The stance looks good, but you're always bracing for 'BBBRRRRRRR' from the rear arches over bumps hahaha. If you like to throw you car down some back roads, I'd prob's go for a slightly lighter offset so you're a couple of mm further in the arches ;)

HTH :)

cheers for all the advice jamie..

think im going to stick with the standard wheels for a while..

im going to go in stages.. something along the lines of..

stage 1.... lowering springs and ARB's as the handling in my eyes already aint good enough!

stage 2.... Milltek and CAI

Stage 3... Revo map

that way the cost is spread out and im not remapping before adding more mods..( surely the car would need RE-remapping if i was to do the stages in order 3,2,1 or 3,1,2?)

ryan

Remap first if you which but dont forget that if you get a CAI and an exhaust you will be better of with the stage 2 map why id advise you to go to Revo as they will only charge you the extra for the stage 2 over the stage 1.