Oil Light.

Sue Duck

Reaction score
sue duck OIL LIGHTON AUDI A3
Hi. I have an Audi A3 1.8 Turbo sport. 1997. I have had it off the road for 6 month. I put it back on the road yesterday and when I gave it some revs the oil light came on. I have changed the oil pressure switch. I have taken the sump off and checked to see if there was any dirt in the pick up filter. there was none. It was as clean as a whistle. I have cleaned the pressure valve, nothing there. The big ends are OK. I have done everything I can think of and the light still comes on. Does anyone have any suggestions please

Hi Sue,

Not sure if this helps but i recently bought my first Audi (V reg A3) from an Audi mechanic. After driving it for a half hour or so the oil warning light came on. I took it back and oil pressure switch and filter had been recently changed, oil pressure was fine, it turned out to be the plug that connects the clock unit. My advice would be take the clock unit out and change the plug, that did the trick on mine.

Matt.

Not sure what you mean by clock unit. Where will I find it. Thanks. Sue.

By clock unit i mean where your speedo, rev counter and warning lights etc are. There is a small trim that you can remove at the bottom then 2 screws to take out, try the contacts from that to the wiring harness. Thats what it was on mine.

put it in the relavent section if I were you....welcome section is for ermm welcomming I think ;)

Hi Sue,

Not sure if this helps but i recently bought my first Audi (V reg A3) from an Audi mechanic.