Heebnin all.........

hutchybee

Faux Musician
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I recently purchased a 2001 S3 after owning a Mk4 R32 for 6 weeks and 5 days.... Didnt like it! I will have the S3 a bit longer than that me thinks.....;)

Your site is very informative as I had no idea of the 1.8t's potential until I had a good read... BIG TURBO HERE WE COME!!:superman:

You all seem kinda friendly and helpful which is nice to see so hopefully someone can help me with this problem......

Everytime I click on a thread, it opens at the last post! Which is fine if your a regular as you would have read the other posts anyway. But me being a noob here I have to click back to post one. How do I change it so that it opens on post one?!!! Ta!

Hi and welcome to the site mate. Just out of curiosity though, what didnt you like about the R32? Test drove one last year (friend was looking at them at the time) and thought it drove and felt great!

Get some pics of the cars up too - new & old!

The R32 drove great and felt great but I have always had turbo cars. I bought it because I fancied a change but quickly realised that I dont like normally aspirated! I kept hitting the rev limiter because my brain was waiting for the turbo push.... but it never came and oops limiter again. The R32 is not a particularly fast car in a straight line but throw in some bends and it is in its element, but I wanted both. In a toss up between an Evo 6 and an S3 I thought that the S3 was the sensible choice as the Evo service interval is every 4500 miles!
And finally 3.2 litre engines and petrol stations are very good friends..... 230 miles per tank, usual average 15-20 mpg. So far I have had 208 miles out of 1/2 a tank in the S3 and had just as much fun!:thumbsup:

Get some pics of the cars up too - new & old!

S3 is stock 55k miles 2 owners FASH with almost every option I think!! Electric seats, Bose, Cruise control blah blah, Lovely car.

ABCD0005-1.jpg

ABCD0004-1.jpg

R32 was nice but just needed more ooomph and a turbo conversion didnt leave much change out of £10k!:ohmy:

100_0743a.jpg

100_0737d.jpg

100_0739f.jpg

100_0745c.jpg

Yeah the fuel economy is the biggest thing that puts me off them, im averaging 35mpg in the Audi at the moment! But the R32 is miles better when it comes to cornering imo. However spend a few quid on the suspension and the S3'll be hot on it heels!

welcome to the site, both cars look good :)