From Supra to Audi

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
Hi all,

I had a 400BHP Twin Turbo Supra and due to having a baby had to get something more practical with 4 doors. The Audi was the choice to go for. I was very torn with getting an S4 but decided practicality wise the A4 2.0T Special edition was the route to go. With costs associated with babies, I couldn't afford large repair bills if anything went wrong on the S4.

So a little remap maybe on this to make it a bit more fun...:eyebrows:

Anyway just saying hi, and no doubt will be around for a while on this forum:salute:

Welcome to the site Razza, good choice of car, you wont be disappointed.

Get some pics up of the new and old....will be good to see.

how strange, i made the same transition. You ever get on MKIVsupra.net?

what mods you have on the supra?

how strange, i made the same transition. You ever get on MKIVsupra.net?

what mods you have on the supra?

Yes I was on there as Razza. It was full BPU, had 19" Racing Harts, lowered, no crazy bodykits, but very rare std green colour. HIDs, window tints, loads of ICE, didn't have a boot as had a sub and two pioneer chrome amps in there, it's nice to be able to get things in the car now lol!

supranew.jpg

supraside.jpg

shineyshiney.jpg

front.jpg

rear.jpg

sideshot.jpg

shineyarse.jpg

seats.jpg

engine.jpg

Flippin 'eck, that looks GOOD!!!

shhhh!! It hurts to see those photos again, but sometimes you have to think with your head and not your heart. I had a fair few issues with it, had to replace the engine after the turbos blew, then had a nightmare after buying a lemon and took 6mths to get the money back for it.

Because of that it still felt a bit tainted, even though it was running spot on by the time I sold it, but it was costing me a fortune to run on tyres and petrol (getting 18mpg if I was lucky), with oil changes every 6k miles as well.

It was our only car and we needed to get two new cars, one for the missus to use (small everyday car) and one for me (bigger family car). If we weren't about to go through loads of cost with the baby I would've kept it.

Who knows, maybe I'll go back to one one day, or maybe I'll move onto an RS4....

RS4 all the way dude!!! ;)

Nice motor(s) mate and welcome along. Looks like it was a rare UK spec Supra as well?

Welcome fella :D

Supra looks tasty but I'm sure you'll enjoy the Audi :D

sounds good - any pics on the Audi (BTW, Defo tune this one :D)

I cant wait for my remappp to come - apparently it will feel liek a whole new car once its on :D

UK spec has headlight washers and glass headlights, J spec have no washers and plastic headlamps.
UK also has bigger brakes, bigger injectors, steel turbine turbos (j spec were ceramic) and also foglights.

I notice you seem to have had the UK headlights and rear clusters also.

UK spec has headlight washers and glass headlights, J spec have no washers and plastic headlamps.
UK also has bigger brakes, bigger injectors, steel turbine turbos (j spec were ceramic) and also foglights.

I notice you seem to have had the UK headlights and rear clusters also.

ah yes the old dildos whacked on the front bumper... :)

I had the UK brakes upgrade (which were an option on facelift models)along with braided hoses, great stopping power!
The injectors weren't replaced with the 550cc, if I was going to keep it I was going to replace the 440's and the cams, but never got round to it.

Also had the glass headlights, was going to get them refurbed into facelift colours of black and chrome rings as the darker colour would go great with the dark green.

The rear clusters are facelift ones, and JSpecs (even pre-facelifts) had front foglights, just the rear didn't. You need a rear one for MOT, mine had it built into the rear cluster instead of attached to the bumper

aaah I should have noticed the tell-tail dildos on the front :) just looked at the vent on the bonnet and jumped to the conclusion!

was it the steel turbines that spooled up quicker than the j spec ones? but the car was heavier than the j spec? i'm a bit of a supra noob but have always loved them ;)

aaah I should have noticed the tell-tail dildos on the front :) just looked at the vent on the bonnet and jumped to the conclusion!

was it the steel turbines that spooled up quicker than the j spec ones? but the car was heavier than the j spec? i'm a bit of a supra noob but have always loved them ;)

The JSpec's spooled quicker but the steel blades pulled harder to the redline. The other benefit of the steel blades is they don't disintegrate through your engine when they blow, unlike the JSpecs...

The vent on mine was purely cosmetic, i.e. it wasn't the full kit directing air into the rear of the engine.

Bluewater carpark was the best place for setting them off for me.
That insert baffle never ever got fitted...