Hi From Australia

gareth_oau

Reaction score
Hi all, my name's Gareth.

I live in Perth, Australia, after migrating from Derby in 1971 as an 8 yr old.

I've recently bought myself a silver 8L S3, which looks stock from the outside, but has an APR stage 1 remap, full APR turbo back exhaust, APR DV and BMC CAI, and a deislegeek shortshifter. its producing circa 300hp.
audifrontrightquarter.jpg

ive bought a Cupra lip for it, and will fit it once I can find an idiot's guide to fitment.

Ive also got myself an FPV GT-P - I suspect most of you wouldnt be familiar with these. Its a "Ford Performance Vehicle", comes with a quad cam 5.4L V8, c/w Brembo 6 potters on 355mm discs. I've tweaked it a little bit and its now producing a nice round 500hp
Image035.jpg

this will give you an idea of the sound http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ALjEGvImR80

Thanks for letting me join and I hope I can learn a few things and perhaps share something occasionally.

cheers

Gareth

G'day Gareth, both cars look excellent, cant see the vid at work, but will check it tonite...

Oh and welcome :)

hello mate, fellow australian. :D

Both cars look wicked, its been a while since I remember my fords, last ford I remember were the '03 AUII? and they were maxed at 5.0 V8, now you can get turbos and the like, wicked :D
much better than those stupid commodores, lol.

enjoy

cheers guys.

I prefer the ford to the Holden, but have owned both, so I think its oan objective judgement, unlike the many one-eyed owners over here.

On the other hand, I much prefer the S3, its not as quick in a straight line as the FPV, but a lot more fun to drive and goes round corners a whole lot better.

I'm thinking about selling the FPV in the near future and would love a new S3 to replace it, but gotta convince the wife, she prefers a larger car

Welcome Gareth.

I am loving the look of the Ford. I'm coming over for around 4 weeks in March for the F1 GP in Melbourne so I'm going to have to get myself a ride in one of those! :racer: It's looks wicked!

pjmspeedy, stop in via Perth, and i'll show you around Perth.

you can then commute from Perth to Melbourne (its only a 3 day drive!!:laugh:)

sunny?:sly: the water temperature in my pool is currently 32degC (with a bit of help from a solar blanket only).

The warm temps are nice, but it gets a bit obsessive after a while (hence i'm off to Nagano for a few days snowboarding in Feb!!!)

pjmspeedy, stop in via Perth, and i'll show you around Perth.

you can then commute from Perth to Melbourne (its only a 3 day drive!!:laugh:)

Cheers for the offer Gareth ! I know Australia is huge but never realised it was a 3 day drive from Perth to Melbourne! :sign_omg:

I like the idea that to fly from the east to west coast its six hours
Mahoooosive country