Airbag

jonnysimm

jonnysimm
Reaction score
does n e one know y my airbag sign comes on and doesnt go off like it is ment to. i have just put a sub n amp n some 6x9s in my car. do u think this could have made it come on?? if n e one has got n e ideas y it has happened or could tell me how to fix it without takinit the garage. Thanks.

Hi welcome to the site, firstly, please use proper text not 'txt talk' (its frowned upon), secondly, you will need to post this in the appropriate sub forum of your car (which you haven't put details of)

If you look at the rest of the forum, just find the one most suitable for your car and im sure someone will be able to help you out, but to me it sounds like it might be a loose cable under one of the seats, make sure they are all secure and then go from there.

Let us know how you get on...

Cheers
Nilz

If you've been playing with wiring then go over your tracks to see if you've disturbed any airbag plugs, under the seats, door pillars for seat belt tensioners, side airbags etc etc

If you have disturbed anything but then put back then it might just need the code clearing with vagcom as it does this with battery connected still when doing any wiring work & disconnecting things & then wont come back unless a fault is there, but usually once cleared if its fault it comes back straight away, otherwise it clears light goes out fella.

Did you remove the seats at all or remove any parts to do the wiring work etc?

& yes welcome but could you please use proper english rather than text, not being anal just a forum undocumented rule I'm afraid.

But we are very friendly & will help you as much as possible, trust em, lol.

Thanks ill have a look under the seat. i did take off the drivers side pannel to run the wire along. do u think it could be that ?? n i didnt remove any seat only pulled down the back seats.

You really need vagcom to determine which airbag is showing the fault fella which then would point you to where the fault lies, do a check on the vagcom forum for someone local to you, they will do a scan for you no worries so you can see which ones at fault, most likely for free or a beer.

Sorry which side panel, do you mean the rear side panel or the door card or even the trim where sill plates are?

Could have caught the seat belt tensioner wire maybe, but vagcom will answer that & I know of plenty up your way tbh.

wot is a vagcom ?? and it is the pannel that runs along the inside of the door.

Vagcom is a program that is used on all VW/Audi cars, on a computer that plugs into your car and it can do a scan and will bring up if there are any faults on it...

Very good piece of kit...

Google it, loads of info on it.

Thanks fella ill have to try and find someone who has got one. ive looked under the seat but alll the wires seem fine??

might have knocked the seat belt tensioner wiring then which I cant remember if curtain airbags plugs in that area aswell, but vagcom will tell you which, there's a thread on here that has list of users that have vagcom in areas & they would help.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=57293

sound thanks mate i just need to get my hands on one of these vagcom thats near me.