My First Audi.....A4 Avant 1.8t Quattro

b00zehound

Reaction score
Hi,

Been browsing the forums the last few weeks while in search of my first Audi. Finaly picked up a A4 Avant within my price range...thanks credit crunch :unsure:

What can I say. After driving diesel Pug's for the last 6 years its like the feeling of just passing my test and driving for the first time alone all over again!!
Anyway its not without its issues. Thankfully mostly bodywork related. Will probably be posting in the corrrect threads as i work my way through them.
Thanks to everyone so far who have unknowingly helped with there posts and treads....ttfn:yahoo:

hi m8,

well done.
Had an 04 plate Brilliant Red 18t A4 Avant myself. Was the 190bhp.
I loved it out of my 8 Audi's still one of the best lookers i've had.

Is yours the 190bhp?
I managed to get mine remaped by Angel Tuning.
I think they managed to get i to about 215bhp.
Was a beautiful car.

I'm sure you'll appreciate yours as much as I did mine.
Well done m8 and welcome to the world of Audi. There is no turning back now...

Chris

Welcome to the site, good choice of car....happy days :)

Hi,

Its the 160 odd bhp......really struggled to find the right combination of colour, trim engine etc etc but persistance paid off in the end
Only my second day of ownership and the grin is big :yes:

I have to say I have never seen a mountain of main dealer invoices like I got with this car! Most of it was advisory advice at the service that the previous owner just "got done"

From memory now it had a clutch, wheel bearing, tail shaft oil seal and gearbox oil seal (as they had a very slight leak) recent disks and pads, recent oil pump, water pump and timing belt....some fairly major stripping of the engine trying to locate an air leak or somthing indicated by the engine management , Air mass meter , Just had a coil pack the day before I collected it. Multiple replacement of breather hoses etc. throught Audis attemts to fault find. and replacement brake hoses and a bottom arm in the mot failure a couple of weeks ago..there was other stuff but ive already blethered on for an age!

I have to say now it seems to be sweet. Loads of power, no funny noises, really slick and smooth gear change.

Just got a few issuse to sort...

Broken plastics on the drivers mirror
Inoperitive rear wash/wipe motor
manky interior
Needs a dam good polish and some scratches sorting out
Alloy wheels need some tlc

Apart from that its marvelous....it has rekindled my interest in driving for pleasure :thumbsup: