Hi guys, B5 S4 newbie in the making :)

spanny

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just thought id say hi and also say that im in search of a S4 in the not to distant future. I currently have a 57 plate ibiza cupra 20vt running revo stage 2 and will be looking at getting a place with my partner soon and because the cupra costs so much its time to save some money and downgrade, but upgrade the car at the same time ;)
Have narrowed it down to the S4 because A, its bigger than the ibiza, is faster than the cupra and the main reason is the tax will be lower than ill be paying on the cupra :)
So, thought id say hi and if anyone can advise me on any of the pro's and cons of owning the S4 then it would be greatly appreciated.
Oh and also, i have noticed that there isnt that many of them around on auto trader, piston heads or on this forum..... is that due to the age of the cars?

oh and also, i work for sachs ;) so if any of you need any help with parts ;) then please ask and ill try to help as i work in the warranty dept. dealing with and testing the warranty claims when they come in to us :)

Regards
Daniel

hi daniel;

nice to see you on here!!! shame you're getting rid of the ibiza that thing's emmense for what it is!

what s4 are you going for?

Hi Carl,
Hows it going?
you was the one that sorted the map on my Cupra not so long ago ;)
well ill be selling up due to a house purchase but will be getting the B5 2.7l v6 twin turbo S4 :) with Revo softwear of course ;)

Welcome to the site Dan, you will have to get some pics of the car up, sounds good...

There are not many S4s up for sale as nobody wants to sell them if they have one, very nice undercover car in my honest opinion.

Good luck with your search.

will do when i get home later tonight matey :) it looks standard on the outside ;)

Hi Carl,
Hows it going?
you was the one that sorted the map on my Cupra not so long ago ;)
well ill be selling up due to a house purchase but will be getting the B5 2.7l v6 twin turbo S4 :) with Revo softwear of course ;)

it's all good! yep that was me :)

software is always a good choice but there are a few things you need to look out for though
MAF
EGT probes
Lambda probes
cam cover seals.....that's all i can think of off the top of head

are the turbos prone to letting go aswell?
what sort of mileage are the major things good for? or when do they usually start to give up the ghost?