Newbie from Surrey

PaulyH

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been browsing the site for a few months now getting clue'd up on all things to do with the 8L S3 so I thought I'd better say hi!

I picked mine up about 4 months ago and have to say I'm very happy with it so far . It's a nice mix of speed, grip and comfort which was what I was searching for.

I'll get some pics up at some point but its a standard Avus 02 plate so I'm sure you know what it looks like.

See you on the forum!

Paul

Welcome to the site, you might want to join in the current thread on Avus Silver S3's yo can add your name to it ;)

Here's a few pics of it after a long day giving it its first 'proper' clean a month or so ago. So far thanks to this forum I've got myself a set of S3 mats, have just ordered a seat leon cupra r splitter and now I've gotta trawl through the revo vs cc arguments to decide on a remap. This place is getting expensive!

P8100102.jpg

P8100105.jpg

P8100101.jpg

Welcome - that's a nice and tidy looking car you have there.

Whereabouts are you in Surrey? I'm up in the North West corner near Farnborough/Aldershot.

welcome fella, ahhh I remember the days of my beloved S3 8L, man she was fine, so much fun to drive, loving that colour aswell, just one thing & personal taste but I'd consider maybe some spacers & change of wheels & as for which map, well why dont you check out Simon@amd in woking I've used him for years when he was revo & now part owner of amd, he'll do a grand job & good price aswell, I'm happy to email him your details if your serious then might get cheaper, also he's surrey near you so cant do much better.

NHN

Welcome - that's a nice and tidy looking car you have there.

Whereabouts are you in Surrey? I'm up in the North West corner near Farnborough/Aldershot.

Thanks - Im in Camberley so very local to you. Do any meets go on around here as the South sub forum seems a bit dead!

welcome fella, ahhh I remember the days of my beloved S3 8L, man she was fine, so much fun to drive, loving that colour aswell, just one thing & personal taste but I'd consider maybe some spacers & change of wheels & as for which map, well why dont you check out Simon@amd in woking I've used him for years when he was revo & now part owner of amd, he'll do a grand job & good price aswell, I'm happy to email him your details if your serious then might get cheaper, also he's surrey near you so cant do much better.

NHN

Cheers for the advice, I've thought about wheels but I'd rather spend money on a remap and leave it for a while as I prefer the look of a completely standard car with a bit of 'go'. Yeah pm me the details of AMD so I can give them a call. Its not a decision I want to jump into and regret as I keep reading bad things about some maps which makes me put it off longer!