A hello from a new member with a 2002 S3 owner

bigmarkous

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope all is well, I've been reading some great stuff on here. I am a complete novice when it comes to tuning or general repairs so im here to LEARN. LOL

I may aswell start straight away, need some advice, my car is poorly, when im accelerating the turbo is coming in then all of a sudden the car violantly judders and loses power???

If I accelerate slowly (not asking much from the turbo) then this problem isn't there?

Any help would be great, a friend of mine thinks its the air flow meter, but he put me in this direction saying people on here would maybe be able to clarify???

Hope you can help, if not thanks for trying and reading my post.

Speak soon guys,

Mark

Hey mate, welcome to the site, it sounds like it could be the MAF, which is usually the case, however if you have access to VAGCOM, get it on there and check it out....

Oh and also, if i was you i would probably post this on the A/S3 forum as you will get a much better response from there, hope you get the problem sorted...

Nilz

Nice one mate, will have to pop it onto the S3 forum.

I take it the MAF is a problem with these?

Hows your baby running?

Yes its a common problem and is normally something that is sorted and can make a BIG difference to the car...

mine is sweet, totally standard for now, no money to make any changes...lol...we shall see what the future holds..lol

Welcome along.

Numerous things seem to go with the S3's engine. Usually the MAF, coilpacks and off late fuel pump.

Have a search in the A3/S3 section.