Hi

*Unkle*

Reaction score
Hi

I thought I would pop in here to say hi,

I am an A2 owner (for 4 years) and after looking at the A2 section I thought perhaps I can contribute. I have also owned a few cars, 205 GTI, R5 and at present own a Mk1 Golf for dry days only.
In fact I will probably be using the golf MK1 for daily use and using the A2 occassionally due to the low production numbers of the A2. 174 Audi Sport registered in 2004 means i will have more chance of sourcing parts for my 25 year old MK1!!

a2sideresize.jpg

Hibernationsummer2008-1.jpg

(like the Cool Wall section and the discussion on the R5)

That Golf looks tasty.

And welcome too.

Hello and Welcome to the site

Have you tried driving 50mph with the front windows down?

thanks

Sorry i don't have the R5 now, and i had it before digital camera were invented so without a scanner i'm stuffed. best car i owned though, took in all around ireland on hols and it was great fun. Although i did it the following year again in a 205GTI as well.

yes i have had my ears bleed over 50mph as well in the A2. (See tumbleweed postin A2 section)

thanks

Sorry i don't have the R5 now, and i had it before digital camera were invented so without a scanner i'm stuffed.

Take a digital pic of the original pic - its a bit grainy but it works ok :cool:

Great idea!!

Thay may be in the loft but i will go hunting tonight and see if i can find:icon_thumright:

Got the pics out of the loft!!

These are the last 3 cars I had before I went for new cars. Still can't believe I went around Ireland in that old Renault and Peugeot. And Although it was some time ago they weren't new. you get so protected by modern cars that the thought of going anywhere in my Golf makes me pack like i'm going on the Paris-Dakar.

The red R5 is mine and i swapped my wheels with a mate to see if it looked better with the clio phase 1 wheels. It didn't TBh so i put the originals back on.

The Clio 16v was only "ok" in comparison to the others. but 2 out of 3 isn't bad
DSC02422.jpg

DSC02421.jpg

DSC02420.jpg

DSC02419.jpg

DSC02418.jpg

Thanks

No it was the better handling 1.6 GTI:) with the 1.9 speedline alloys. I think it was 12 years ago making the car about 13 years old on that trip!!

If i could find another garage for them i would try to find a 1.6 205 and a R5 to restore, now that the Golf is done-ish

Some cool looking cars there dude, keepin' it ol' skool!!!

:respekt: