S-Tronic

r1ck123

Reaction score
Dear All,

New boy here!
I'm the proud owner of a 07 A3 S-line 2.0L TDI S-Tronic 170 PS in Phantom Black. Firstly any comments on the S-Tronic? I cant seem to find any S-Tronic fans!!!! (has anybody tried the lauch control??????) And secondly any advice on keeping the phantom black paint in tip top condition, have heard of Blackfire! any advice? Looking forward to replies audi fans.

A3Mad

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and the Audi, i have just orderd an A3 170ps with the S tronic G/Box,
I was lucky enough to test drive without the salesman, so i tried the lot including launch control. Fantastic!!!
It works by having two clutches, and sort of two 3 speed boxes, as you engage drive, first is selected in one box, and second in the other, so gear changes are smooth and faster than a human could change.
The Sport mode is excellent, the suspension appears to stiffen the rev counter allows max revs before a change, and even the exhaust note sounds throatier.If you do a search on google and type in DSG gearbox, you should find all the info you need:yes:
You will love it.

Bash