Week old A6 4.2. Can't wait for the Snow!

KillJoy

Reaction score
This is my first Audi. I've been entertaining the idea for about 3 years, ever since the 4.2 came out. I've really enjoyed my european sedans, a '79 900 Turbo Saab, '78 Volvo 244. I got a 97 Pontiac GP GT, which got me thinking about performance sedans again. The GP died in under 7 years, time for a serious ride, the A6 4.2 fit the bill perfectly. Quattro is a must for our Colorado winters, can't wait for some snow to play in. Thanks for all the insight, I'll be looking forward to throwing my 2 cents in with my experiences in this wonderful A6.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Congrats mate the 4.2 A6 is indeed a fine cruiser with the added safety and traction of quattro 4wd ....... enjoy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to the Forum!

I know what you mean about waiting for snow; i've just spent the last two winters with a 360Bhp RWD BMW, I can't wait to see how the S4 handles it. When's the first snow out there in there Colorado?

Any day now! It usually snows March into April, sometimes May, June and even July. But this year it's lookin' like another drought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif But my fingers are crossed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks!

what do you think its going to do in the snow with fat low profile boots on.

[ QUOTE ]
RSW said:
what do you think its going to do in the snow with fat low profile boots on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think I'll have any probs! We'll see. I'll let you know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It's SNOWING /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif WOOHOO!!! 6" and still coming down. A6 has no problems in this stuff, I'm psyched!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hi KillJoy,

Welcome to the forum.

I would certainly like to hear of your experiences in deep snow. Especially, comparison of Quattro handling performance with ESP switched ON/OFF etc.

Rgds Clive.