Another Newbeeeeee Midlands UK

kpmrj

Carbon Footprint Grower
Reaction score
Website
www.hts-ltd.org
Well after getting pointed in the direction of this forum by JoJo.............

Thought I'd register & say 'hi'
[URL="http://lh3.google.com/harris.contracts/R7W9nl6LopI/AAAAAAAAAB8/klXupfjzRV0/s144/Audi%20new%20rims%202.jpg"][/URL]

Just managed to get hold of a 1 owner (124K fAsh ) A6 Avant, after scowering the usual t'interweb places, my better half found this in the local rag :)
Full credit to her, its the right spec, the right colour and best of all it was 3K less than everything else we'd looked at !

So far its had a dam good wash & wax ( I do 1K miles a week commuting ) and slapped on the Nouvolari rimz I purchased off JoJo.

Further plans are afoot !!! ( Aren't they always ! ) with a few shiny bits to go on, and basically enjoy the Audi experience after driving Mongdeo's for FAR toooooooooo long.

Well enough of my ramblings, we hope to get to the Gaydon meet ( 2nd March ) and put a few faces to names etc.

Cheers all, and great site admin :icon_thumright:

J :)

Hi Jason, only just spotted this thread, I take it the wheels went straight on then. :)

We need a bigger pic mate. ;)

Oh and welcome to the Forum! :icon_thumright:

jojo said:
Hi Jason, only just spotted this thread, I take it the wheels went straight on then. :)

We need a bigger pic mate. ;)

Oh and welcome to the Forum! :icon_thumright:

Yep wheels went on fine ( with some new rubber ), fronts are fairly close to the strut, so I may well put 5mm spacers all round aside from that they look the mutts nuts :)

I'll try and sort a bigger pic shortly :respekt:

Ah try this one................................

Audi%20new%20rims%202.jpg

J

kpmrj said:
Yep wheels went on fine ( with some new rubber ), fronts are fairly close to the strut, so I may well put 5mm spacers all round aside from that they look the mutts nuts :)

I'll try and sort a bigger pic shortly :respekt:

Ah try this one................................

Audi%20new%20rims%202.jpg

J

Yeah, if the suspension on yours is anything like my Passat's, then I wouldn't worry about it hitting the strut, it's normal. Unless one of your wheelbearing gives up in a big way, I can't see it catching, I've been running 18" rims on my sat for the last 5 years without any problems. :icon_thumright: