Hello, and finally an A4 owner

mikeswagon

Reaction score
Hello all from Sunny Aberdeen.

Not actually an owner thinking about it, since it the Mrs car, but I'm the one who plays on a laptop all day.

We've just replaced a 2000 vectra sri 140 with a 2002 A4 Avant 130 sport (pics to follow once I'm allowed).

As I said it's the wifes car, so I've only driven it briefly. Still getting used to the noise of the beast, but overall I think it's great.

The vectra had 17inch aftermarket alloys, which were nothing but bother. We had 2 flats last weekend when we went to look at the A4... maybe hurt it's feelings:think: . The A4's got 18inch RS4 reps, so hopefully they're going to be a bit more airtight. Mrs Wagons liking for kerbs when she parks maybe doesn't help.

It's probably going to stay as it is, although I do fancy some s-line kit if/when funds allow.

Loving the forum btw. Been lurking for a few weeks now prior to the purchase.

Cheers,

Mike.

I'm on my fourth Audi - road testing it at the moment - touring the countryside - you know ditches/farmers fields (I think it's something to do with a lack of gritters where I am).

I'm going to switch from my Mazda 6 to a A4 as soon as my leasing deal runs out

Thanks for the replies guys. As per most of the VAG forums I use, this place seems real friendly.

Blooming car... I got to drive it on a 40 mile round trip yesterday, taking the kids to a birthday party. The car ended up covered in mud.:crying: so despite the cold, and being late home for their bathtime, I found myself at the jetwash, getting rid of the evidence. I've not felt the need to do that for years.

Fortunately Mrs Wagon was still on her way home from Murrayfield, so none the wiser.

Mike.

Sold my 2001 TT quatro to my son (REVO flashed and borla exhaust) and bought a less powerful 2007 A-4 2.0 T. Miss the little car, but know it would get me in trouble sooner or later. The only thing I havn't been able to pull off on it is to hook up a Aux in to my RNS-E that I got on E-bay. And I am having a real hard time getting used to the gas pedal lag. I live outside of Philadelphia Pa. I find it interesting how differant things are with the cars here compared to europe.