possible s3 for breaking

repooca

Reaction score
Website
www.playin.co.uk
can't believe it!! my first post and its doom and gloom!!
hi to everyone anyway

some f00kin idiot decided to reverse out of his drive across his side of the road and into mine, human nature is avoid at all costs so braked hard on the nice cold wet road and abs decides to kick in :scared2: aarghh gettin closer.
I hit the kerb, spun round clipped his beloved "M reg Hyundai Lantra" then hit the metal railings head on.

Afraid my 2002 s3 may be for the scrapper:bye:

will post some pics shortly

repooca said:
from this
18012008006.jpg
[/URL][/URL]
are they lexus lights? :eyebrows:

oh dear, not nice! glad you're ok tho. Welcome to the forum mate.

Absolutely gutted for you!

I don't wish to be the bearer of bad news but it's going to be an uphill-struggle with the insurer mainly because you've got damage to more than one side. They'd be more likely to be straight on to putting it right if there was only damage to one side.

That said though, looking at the pictures, while the damage doesn't look pretty it doesn't appear catastrophic. It doesn't look like the airbag deployed? What speed do you think the impact with the railings was at?

...Obviously at the back it needs a whole new bumper, off-side cluster and perhaps the trim-pieces under the clusters. How does it look underneath at the back?

The front of course needs more work, but is there any damage behind the slam-panel/front-panel (radiator frame)? If not, new bumper, fog-lights, crash bar, radiator, slam-panel, front-panel and maybe a few anciallary bits and bobs...

...Depending on the pre-bump market-value of the car and what your policy is like there might be the option of it going back on the road if that's what you want...

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction whichever way it goes, and with as little fuss as possible.

Welcome to the forum, and all the best...

Rob.

thanks guys, at least i wasnt on the bike!! if its wrote off and can buy it back cheap enough i'll probably break it as i've only just put a new clutch and flywheel in it 2 month ago amongst other bits and bobs. I'll post the outcome as soon as.

Crikey! sorry to hear about this mate, what a way to start!!

Let me know if the wheels come up for sale ;o)

Good luck

Ash