Hello Audi A3 Sportback - Bye bye Modified Skoda Fabia vRS

skodaudi

Reaction score
Morning all,

After a few years of happy Skoda motoring I'm just about to order my A3 Sportback after being totally bowled over by the Audi build quality!

My Allard Modified Fabia vRS is now for sale and power wise its going to be a bit of a shock coming down from a 220-230bhp Fabia.

Just making up my mind on the exact spec Sportback. It'll either be a 2.0tdi or a 1.9tdi with a few extra goodies.

Cheers :)

Welcome. 2.0tdi 170 would be my choice, not too much of a come down in power from the vrs, unless your looking for the most economy than the 1.9 would fit nicely.

230bhp in a fabia must be fun ! I think you will notice the step down in performance. Out of the 2 go for the 2.0 tdi. Oh and welcome to the forum

SteveTDCi said:
230bhp in a fabia must be fun ! I think you will notice the step down in performance. Out of the 2 go for the 2.0 tdi. Oh and welcome to the forum
Yes its a lot of fun...
Trouble is its not very often that you really get to use all the power.

Was thinking of the 2.0tdi, although I had a remapped 1.9tdi to 150bhp a few years ago in a Fabia and that went very well, though I suppose it was 100kgs lighter!

Cheers for the welcome.

Hello and welcome.

Personally i'd be looking for a 2.00 TDI 140 or 170 myself.

SteveTDCi said:
I think the 1.9 in the A3 is the 105 version ?

Yes for the 8P, the 8L had 90, 100, 110 and 130 versions of the 1.9TDI IIRC.

SteveTDCi said:
I think the 1.9 in the A3 is the 105 version ? 140 goes to 180+

Yes the 1.9 is the 105 version. Its a good little engine and can be remapped to give between 140-150bhp with lots of low down torque (smaller turbo spools up nice and early)
Well I am coming from an Allards VT5 turbo where not much happens under 2k rpm! :)
The 2.0tdi is probably going to make more sense though for me in the A3 overall where 180+ can be achieved.

A couple of pics of my current vRS Fabia thats now for sale.
Standard looks but packs a punch!

frontsideaf8.jpg
enginebayin4.jpg
back2ib4.jpg