A3 Sportback 2.0TDI 140 Quattro

jonathans

Reaction score
Hi All from a new member.

I have a 2 year old A3 Sportback 2.0TDI 140 Quattro,with 15000miles and want to have it remapped or superchipped to give me 170hp plus, but I have heard horror stories about the gearboxes failing...especially the ones on the quattro manuals due to the extra load on the box already generated by the 4wd. Can anyone shed any light on this, and as car is only 2yrs old, how would it affect the remainder of the warranty???? I am itching for more power but dont want a nasty bill later...

thanks a lot, Jonathan

Hello and welcome.

Check out the A3 8P section for answering your remap question, this may depend on where you live.

Haven't heard of any problems of remaps with quattro.

I did have my flywheel changed on my old Mk5 golf GT TDI 4-motion which is identical to your sportback, under warranty. But the car wasn't remapped.

As for your warranty, your engine mechanical side would be void, unless you could find an Audi dealer who may sub-contract the remap and still warranty the car.

jonathans said:
Hi All from a new member.

I have a 2 year old A3 Sportback 2.0TDI 140 Quattro,with 15000miles and want to have it remapped or superchipped to give me 170hp plus, but I have heard horror stories about the gearboxes failing...especially the ones on the quattro manuals due to the extra load on the box already generated by the 4wd. Can anyone shed any light on this, and as car is only 2yrs old, how would it affect the remainder of the warranty???? I am itching for more power but dont want a nasty bill later...

thanks a lot, Jonathan

No problems with Quattro boxes, 2 cars, one petrol with 200BHP. I wouldn't bother chipping, it's the Torque not BHP that makes the diseasel and you will void warranty and lose out IMHO when you sell.

TT:icon_thumright: