Potential New A3 Owner

Bob_S

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently looking around for a new car to replace my 6 year old Rover 45 diesel (no sniggering at the back there!:laugh: ) and the A3 has caught my eye. So I am doing the usual rounds of the dealers of the various cars I am interested in, checking out the cars, making sure I can fit in them (I'm 6'3") asking about servicing costs, the usual stuff.

The A3 I am interested in is the sportback 1.9TDi. I can't justify the huge cost differential between the 1.9 and 2.0 diesels, especially as a car to me is more of a means of getting around (if I want fun on the roads I have a BMW K1200S to ride:w00t: ) and the special edition has caught my eye.

So all advice will be great appreciated from the knowledgeable members here. I've had a look around before signing up and found the information useful, especially the service costs sticky. My local dealer have quoted £350 as the cost of the first AVS which was horrific, but I have now found other dealers who charge a lot less than that.

So I am looking forward to reading the threads and getting info, and hopefully being able to chip in from time to time.

Cheers,

Bob S

hello and welcome !