From JDM to Euro..

Sam-K

Has a throbbing red german.
Reaction score
Hey everyone !

after being an owner of a 1993 honda civic EG4 for 2 years i thought i would Give it a break.. well literally.. as the car died!

here it is anyway :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Sam_gt500/DSCF1549.jpg

so. I bought an Audi a3 8l 1.6 sport. now i know that people aren't impressed by these on here , and A3 owners either drive 1.8t or S3s on here .. but to be honest its cheaper on my insurance and its a step up from the civic :D

anyway..

here is a pic of that !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Sam_gt500/Photo-0409.jpg

bit gutted , its in the garage at the moment with cooling problems.. :|

and being a complete noob.. i'd like to know about a few subtle mods i can do to make it look a little different .. as its pre facelift etc..

and i'm from Aylesbury well near.. in bucks and stafford uni in term time.. anyone else from round here??

Sam!

Welcome matey - the 1.6 is fine its just not very fast lol -

Usual mods people start with are:

Facelift lights front and back

rs4's or equivalent wheels

then i suppose you could look into putting the s3 front and rear bumpers on with some skirts, a bit more expensive that one tho

Rodenal , that was exactly my first train of thought! i like the idea of RS4's or RS6's in an 18 ? or 17?

also.. i think i will black the rings and chrome on the front.. but undecided.. because i think it would need an S-line badge on the front there too..

and addition to this.. (sorry) .. where is a good place to get an exhaust for a 1.6 ? or would i be better getting one made up at powerflow.?

Unless your exhaust is knacked i really wouldnt bother to get another one for it, its not gonna make any sort of performance difference -

If u really wanna tho then a powerflow exhaust will be fine or a miltek but that'll set u back a bit more, and u might have to make a cut out at the back.

I've 18's on mine, dont like rs6's - i think the ride is a bit harsh on them tho, the S3's 17's might be a better compromise.

Not sure about blacking the rings, some people like it, just not for me really - doing them the colour of the body could be interesting looking tho.

without sounding like too much of a chav haha.. i would quite like a bit more of an exhaust note really! miltek only do for the 1.8?

i was looking at tt 17"s .. what sort of price should i be able to get these for.? or rs4's in 18's?

The 1.8 n/a exhaust will fit matey

Hello & :sign_welcome: to the site.

Welcome to the site.

Liking the A3 but that Civic is about as JDM as my dog :) ... used to have an EK4 myself nice little cars :icon_thumright:

haha i know it wasn't very jdm .. to be honest.. i didnt wanna be a sheep :| .. was using it as a term and phase in comparison! :D and an EK4 ! very nice! was goin to get a EG6 but couldn't get insured.. so thought i'd try something a wee bit different!

just got my A3 back from the garage today so my wallet is 200quid lighter ! but i love having it back as the seat arosa i have been driving was getting a little bit bland :thumbsup:

Was Turbokid on "CSC" and had a wide arch EK3 in grey!
glad your enjoying the Audi, there great cars.

Welcome to the site
Sam-K said:
just got my A3 back from the garage today so my wallet is 200quid lighter
get used to that as it seems Audi ownership is deemed as megabuck holders