New S3 owner saying hello

S3-ROB

RD350YPVS - Loves 2 stroke oil
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forum, just recently bought a 52 reg S3 in black for £9000 having previously owned a MK4 golf turbo and a BMW M3.

My names Rob, i live in Loughborough Leicestershire, i'm an MOT tester :thumbsup:

:sign_welcome: n all that..!!

I actally helped set up the Service Desk that supports MOT Computerisation but maybe I should keep that to myself as it wasn't without problems when introduced :lmfao:

I've only very recently started testing so not very experienced yet, have to look in the manual quite a bit but we've all gotta start somewhere:icon_thumright:

S3-ROB said:
I've only very recently started testing so not very experienced yet, have to look in the manual quite a bit but we've all gotta start somewhere:icon_thumright:
The fact you obviously know how to use a PC means you should pick it up in no time, I used to put tests through myself under 'fallback' so went through it all. When it first started there was loads of hassle with the 'old boys', guys who'd never used a PC and in some ways were scared of them. Anyone younger has dealt with PC's through school so its not an issue.

One funny story was of an inspection done prior to the system being installed. The garages all received a pack saying what they'd need to provide before the installers turned up. This just consisted of a clean(ish) desk space, x cm wide and z cm deep, and a power/phone socket.

When the pre-installation check was carried out they found the guy had literally taken a pick tohis garage floor and dug a hole, x cm wid and x cm deep in the concrete. :lmfao: :lmfao:

Anyway, thread jacking aside, thats a very nice looking motor.

someones nicked your s3 badge on the grill!
nice motor and its in the fastest colour

hmm, liking the no-badge front look..... think mines coming off...

welcome btw!

Got no real plans for the car at the min, maybe a re-map and a stainless exhaust at some point but other than that the car will stay standard.

Any recomendations for re-maps or exhausts?

try stealth racing in southam and ask for a revo remap trial,it lasts for a few hours but lets you know what power you get,if you did decide to get revo don't bother with buying the module you could change settings using mine

Thanks for that, i was thinking REVO or AMD but think the free revo trial is a good selling point and also there is a revo dealer with 15 miles from me so will give them a try in the future.

What about exhausts? Miltek seem to be popular but i had a Supersprint on my M3 and it was top quality, good sound, perfect fit, also heard good things about Eisenmann?

mines standard so I can't comment rob

Hey Rob, welcome to AS.net.
I'm from Shepshed, I'll look out for your car, any mods or anything to look out for?

Hey Rob, welcome to AS.net.
I'm from Shepshed, I'll look out for your car, any mods or anything to look out for?

Hi mate, car completely standard at min, its black with reg no S3BNP, i only really use it at weekends so prob won't see it mon-fri.

Got a few friends in Shepshed who live on Griffin close, Blackbrook close and Purbeck avenue.

Whats your car look like mate?

Hello & :sign_welcome: to the site.

hi s3 rob, im newish also, wecome.
i just sold my m3 and before that i had a modded 240bhp mk4 turbo all so:beerchug:

i just sold my m3 and before that i had a modded 240bhp mk4 turbo all so

Hi mate, what M3 did you have?

Mine was a L reg 3.0, 286BHP, sold it with 68k on the clock and was probably in better condition than my 52 reg S3 :o.k: