Hi y'all!

Shades

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Only had my first Audi for two months, and I absolutely love it!! Was referred here by a user of a Punto forum (who also owns an Audi) after asking for a good (and fun) Audi forum. Hope he was right!!

Here's my new love: (Damn, can't post a pic 'til I've made two posts... hang on...)

Ignore the ride height please! Long story short, the place I bought it from didn't want it sitting too low on the forecourt (thought being lowered it might put people off!) so they changed the springs... and put the wrong ones on! It still handles ok and speed humps are not a problem anymore, it just looks so, so wrong. Fortunately they gave me the lowering springs when I bought it, only they've been clanging around in my boot since I had it... must find some time to put them on!!

Welcome to ASN......

With the state of our roads and increasing number of speed humps those taller springs could fetch a bit of e-bay.....

Hello & :sign_welcome: to the site.

DIABLO636 said:
Welcome to ASN......

With the state of our roads and increasing number of speed humps those taller springs could fetch a bit of e-bay.....

Thanks. Going to try with the lowered springs for a little bit before I decide to get rid of the taller springs. I used to have a lowered and (Abarth) bodykitted 1.2 16v Punto sporting and the ride on that was very hard (virtually zero body roll and could only physically push each corner down by probably just an inch!! Handled like a go-kart, even a friends 2.5 litre DT Alfa couldn't keep up with me, caught me back up on straights but in the twisties I was gone... which just goes to show power isn't everything. Anyway...). Kind of got used to the nice comfy ride and considering my A4 is on taller springs it doesn't really wallow about in the corners like I thought it would. Never driven a 'sportier' Audi to compare but it doesn't feel too bad. Speed humps, what speed humps? :)