www.vehicledetailing.co.uk
Hi All

I'm Josh... Long-Time VAG car owner, coming from a Fabia vRS to this:

1998 Audi A4 2.4 SE

£1000 English Pounds

Bluetooth Hands Free

FDSH Until 80k

155k Miles

Needs a Clutch and a Rear Passenger-Side Stub Axle and Bearing (looks like someone's hit the wheel against a curb).

It's Black (kind of crappy black at the moment - it needs polishing)

It has quite a few small dents.

I reckon on spending a grand on it, so it'll be a 2 grand car which should do me for some time.

I'm after some Finance-Free motoring for a while, and although I'll probably spend each month on it, I'm hoping it'll be less than the finance on a new car.

Anyway, that's me and my car :)

:thumbsup:

A4-1.jpg

A4-2.jpg

A4-3.jpg

A4-4.jpg

A4-5.jpg

A4-6.jpg

Hey Josh.

Good to see you. Might pop over later and check out your new barge :)

Welcome into the fold mate.

:(

I got a quote today for the work and it's definately going to be a grand...

On the plus side, it's had all it's recalls and it's HPI Clear (which Rich pointed out, would have been better to find out before I bought it!).

Hello & :sign_welcome: to the site.

OK, here's my update for today:

Got to the garage at 10am and made a start at about 10:30.

Applied Wonder Wheels to all wheels and agitated with a soft brush... Hot-Damn they were filthy!

Removed GB and Welsh Dragon stickers from boot with the help of a hot air gun (carefully!!).

Washed whole car with 50:50 Ph Neutral De-Limonine / Water and a MF Cloth (Inc. Engine Bay).

Clayed the Roof and Boot, but there was that much crap in the paint (I'm not joking), I was convinced that it was making matters worse.

Washed with Zymol Premium Shampoo and a Tesco MF pad.

The car was in the sun, so it dried almost instantly after rinsing!

Applied 3M Fine Compund on a natural sponge (?) applicator pad to the bonnet, roof and bootlid. Buffed with MF Cloth.

Applied AG SRP on a natural sponge (?) applicator pad to the entire car. Buffed with MF Cloth.

Applied Comma Black Trim Wax to all black plastic exterior trim.

Polished Windows with Sonus Glass & Chrome.

-----

Inside, I vacuumed the entire interior, removed and discarded the horrible rubber mats (but found a hole in the carpet on the drivers-side, from the driver's heel... I'll get some proper mats to cover this, however that's the only damage in the interior (other than a couple of broken clips on the rear centre arm rest).

Used a dilute mix of Vax AAA liquid shampoo to clean spot stains on the roof lining, Sun Visors and A/B/C Pillars.

Used Volkswagen interior plastic spray on a MF Cloth to clean all interior plastics.

Did the interior windows with Sonus Glass & Chrome... ******** the first one up as I picked up the wrong MF cloth (of course it HAD to be the one with Collinite 476s on it :( ).

Removed used car sales sticker from the rear window.

Went for some tea at 16:00... Sunburnt and aching arms!

Here are the photos!

Before:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

After:

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I forgot to take any before or after photos of the interior... It looks nice now though :)

Stage two of this will commense when I receive the Menz polish kit next week and I can start some proper defect removal.

Oh, and yes, I know I need to order the lower door trims :)