New S3 Owner

S3 NIK

Reaction score
Hi all.
Just bought my first Audi.
As title its a 2000 X S3 in Ming blue, totally standard with only 24k on the clock. I have recently sold my Impreza STI and by chance a friend was selling the S3 as he was off to America for a couple of years.
Its obviously slower than the STI but the build quality etc more than make up for that.
I was bored with the Impreza as fuel ecomony was shocking at times and the image is going down the pan rapidly.
The S3 looks and drives like a new car. Only had it a couple of days but i am very impressed.
Looking forward to reading some interesting threads and hopefully getting some advice.
Nik :icon_thumright:

p.s. This site has a lot more smilies than Scoobynet.

Hello & :sign_welcome:to the site.

hello and welcome to the site !

Hi and welcome.

Just out of interest, how much did you pay for the car? Is it a face lifted model and what options does it have? Mine's going to be going soon so an indication of what people pay would be good.

Enjoy your car!

Let me turn it around, how much do you think i paid.
It was a private sale and the car is a facelift 2000 X, 24000 miles, FSH, ming blue, no marks on interior or exterior, not sure about options because i dont know whats standard. The car is immaculate :icon_thumright:
Nik.

Hotscar said:
Hi and welcome.

Just out of interest, how much did you pay for the car? Is it a face lifted model and what options does it have? Mine's going to be going soon so an indication of what people pay would be good.

Enjoy your car!

Not bad. 8.5k off a mate and its easily worth that much, probably would have paid 9.5!

I am new to S3's and what i am finding amusing is the obsession with a centre arm rest. Had one on a 4 Motion Golf and i found it a pain.

Still each to their own.

Nik.

Hotscar said:

I have a centre armrest and I would never bother again, it just gets in the way. It's probably alright for a long motorway drive but to be honest, mines up 99% of the time.